Bumpps n Lumps

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 24. Nov 2010, 07:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Ive been told i can worry about little things so ive tried to not say anything when i get the odd ailment or so. Last year i suffered bad from angioedema and got blocked saliva ducts, had one removed.....
After seeing dentist last year got big recommendations about an electric toothbrush and it doesnt make any differenrce i can feel or see....About 3 weeks ago i was eating some crisps and one stabbed under my tongue and it was sore....After that a lump has been there and refused to go away despite mouthwahses and Iglu treatments at night. Like i say i tried not to worry about it but then today i got up and under my tongue felt twice as big and there is like a cluster of lumps all together now...I cant touch them and they dont pop, i dont know what these are but im hacked off....
Wish my mouth wasnt so sensitive .........A little thing i know but annoying...

Elainex

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elaine!

your entitled to feel hacked off. :!:

I don't know anything about the condition you described that led to you having an op to remove a salivary gland :roll: but it does sound as though you need to make an appointment with your dentist or doctor to have these new lumps investigated.

I hope they turn out to be something easily remedied. :wink:

If you're very worried about it Elaine perhaps they have a Dental Hospital that you could phone out of hours?

let us know how you are and if you do see the dentist/ doc.

Iris xxx
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Elaine I can sympathise I used to regularly suffer with a very sore mouth, it is miserable.
    I have recommended several times on here a product called Adcortyl in orabase ...you can get it in Bo*ts ..I personally have never found anything to better it...it is a small tube and can last a long time you dont need to use much... as the problem often sorts out if you use it overnight.
    Good luck hope it soon eases.

Please check that any other medication you may be taking isn't contra indicated with the above with your Gp or pharmacy first.

Moderator Z
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Cebeem

Wel ive just looked this product up and it has been discontinued....

Elainex
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Oh no! Glad I have got some left. & sure I only bought it in October!!!
    Thanks MR Moderator my doctor recommended it!!!!
    but will be sure to add your footnote to all my replies in future. :?

Any pharmacist worth their salt would ask the question of other medication..... but thanks for looking after us! !!!!:D
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elaine,
    What I use for ulcers in my mouth and any sores is Anbesol. Its a liquid not a gel. I find gels just slip off. This is a little bottle.
    Be warned if you want to try it...i get it in B**ts you have to ask behind the counter ...its not on show. Its a teething liquid for children and apparently some mothers are overdosing their kids.
    I discovered it when I used it with my 2 and one of them is 31 and the other on is 30 in Jan so its a long time ago :lol: Its an antiseptic and an anaesthetic so it numbs as well.....might be worth trying
    Love]
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I may try it. The problem is mine arent ulcers they are just lumps that come up, think they are blocked salivary glands/ducts....

Thanks

elainex
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elaine,
    Well before going to see about it ....I take it your going to the GP ?? LOL I wouldnt think it would do any harm and do think it would do some good......depends of course if they are just lumps or are they painful {whether they are ulcers or not} if they are painful it numbs them.....
    Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

Well you see ive been told its part of my AIDisease and that my mouth is very sensitive despite flossing, brushing twice and mouthwashes......They are not painful most of time but I hate having lumps n bumps and im always frightened my whole face will swell again but i do know why now....The doc cant really help me anymore as Ive seen an immunologist at Preston and i only go back to him if my hives get as bad as they were last year (breaking out all over).........
    I guess im a perfectionist in some ways....

Ta

Elainex