Bit of advice from the ladies please.

Options
fester
fester Member Posts: 98
edited 21. Nov 2010, 16:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi with Gillian being on warfarin obviously she has to be careful not to cut herself etc. Now she's on about a epilator for her legs etc but worried about the pain and possible bruising or a lady shave but of course wants the best results (and knowing Gill does not want me spending a fortune ie no more than £60 probably less :lol: ) so not sure which to choose.
Any of you ladies in a similar situation or can recommend a product that would work for her, of course we've discussed waxing but again thats a no no and she can not stand the smell of Nair or similar products.
Any ideas please :oops:
Steve

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi fester

i used to be a carer and quiet a few of my clients were on warfarin, i would stay away from the epilator as some of them are quite brutal and have left some of my clients with nasty marks etc on the skin.they pull the hairs out like waxing does and can make you bleed if your blood has been thinned. so i think personally i would be looking at a lady shave. hopefull some of the others will come along with some ideas.

sorry i cant help more

coco xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Steve
    Sorry cant be much help, but I do agree with Coco i would stay clear of the epilators, maybe your best bet would be to ask advice off the chemist, the bigger branches that sell lady shaves.
    Good Luck I hope you get sorted
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Have to agree with coco67. I use my daughters and i have got to say they are quite brutal. Also the hairs can grow back into the skin which then could cause an infection. I would look at a lady shaver they are miles better then they use to be. You could go and speak to your nurse at your doctors and ask them after all it is a heath issue if you get her something which could cause her harm. Good luck.
  • wooly-monkey
    wooly-monkey Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Can someone tell me what an epilator is please?
    I'm guessing it's one of those pad things they advertise on TV which they rub around in circles like sandpaper.
    Wooly-m
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    hi wooly

it like a lady shave razor in shape but instead of cutting the hair it has little disc's which rotate and grab the hair and pulls it out, industrial plucking as i call it. ouch can leave a nasty red rash and with open sores and hairs become ingrown when they grow back causing further problems if your unlucky, some people get on with them just fine but they tend to have been leg waxers first.

coco xx
  • lupin15
    Options
    OUCH.................. :roll: :cry::mrgreen:

Trust me that is putting it mildly all depending on wear you use it and how brave you are. I can just about manage my legs.
  • lupin15
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    OUCH.................. :roll: :cry::mrgreen:

Trust me that is putting it mildly all depending on wear you use it and how brave you are. I can just about manage my legs.[/quote Not always the weaker sex. Tinkerbelle :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently you can use it on your underarms, bikini line......could not manage it sorry. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it. Thanks god it is the winter...legs covered and getting hair. Well need them to keep my legs warm in the winter. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: