Surprise of the week

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 21. Nov 2010, 14:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
well, for me! My Podiatry appointment has come through and it's for the 30th November.......just 10 days to wait.

I can't believe it's been so quick, thought I would have to wait months for a first appointment. Will love watching faces as I display my odd foot as usual.......still never found anyone who's seen anything quite like it before.....and if there is anyone else out there, I would dearly love to meet and compare!

Annie

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    im glad you got your appointment so quickly, now what is odd about your foot you have got my imagination running riot here :shock:

coco xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Annie, so pleased you got the appointment through so quick.

I also have odd feet, 1 scarred 1 not. Is that odd enough for you :wink::lol:
    Let us know how you get on.
    debs
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Annie
    That is good news, not long to wait, that is what I like...you have me wondering about your foot....pity you cant put a picture on.. :wink::wink:
    Good luck with the appointment
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Don't think you'd like a pic, Barbara...it's not the prettiest of sights! I'll do my best to describe it.

If you look at your right foot and imagine that you have two big toes. They are not set straight on to the foot, but at an angle.....I'm no good at degrees, but if a straight toe was 12 o'clock, mine reads 10 to 12, yes?

Now those two toes are wrapped in one piece of skin, so that it looks like one rather big toe with two nails on it. The whole foot is a good inch shorter than my left foot (which is so beautiful, I just sit and admire it sometimes :lol: )

I have effectively one nearly good left foot size 3 (it was good but the osteo has got to it now) and a right foot which is the length of a size 1 but the width of........well, I dunno. A size 5?

When I was born they refused to operate on it as it is clearly two toes fused at the mid-joint, and I think at the time the technology and knowledge was just not available. Subsequent ops have somewhat corrected the angle of it to my foot, but none have ever been brilliant. My foot was turned inwards, too, but that has been dealt with quite well. I never could run though, my foot would just turn in and I would trip over, but put me on a dance floor and it will do as it's told! Must be the music?

I've also had other ops to remove bone overgrowth, too, the last one about 15 years ago.....I swore no more and never again after that one, it just doesn't like interference.

Annie
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    thats not odd annie , your unique, you have been through it a bit by the sounds of it, good luck with your appointment. not long to wait :D

coco xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Gosh Annie
    I hope they can sought for you after all this time, would you consider another op, thing have really move on.
    It must be so hard getting shoes.
    My niece has a bay girl, and her feet are webbed and they turn in , so she is hoping they can sought it.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Annie

I think someone has said it already, but you're not 'odd' just unique :wink:

I have had a succession of people tell me over the years that I am 'odd' or 'not normal' which does wonders for the ego :roll: :roll:

the latest was my x-ray results for my feet which show that both big toes have an unusually long oblong bone in them :shock: :shock: :shock: and there was me thinking a bone in a toe was a good thing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

however, my hubby insists that I am unique and therefore even more special ......... which either makes him exceedingly wise :D or rather foolish :shock: but i'll let you decide :wink:

good luck!
    WOnky
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    HI Annie

I hope all goes well for you I will be in your pocet with my Pal Val, with Jammy dodges custard creams an sarnies. I expect Jules will join us.

Val
    trust you will bring some cider and some squash if not anything you have got pal.

Love Trish xxxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    I'm trying get a mental picture of your feet but can't. Good luck with whatever they do.

Must be something about the foot people as I always get quick appointments with them.

I wouldn't worry, Del - 'grotesque' is one word that's been aimed at it. I had to give it TLC for a long time before it recovered :lol:

Annie