Sat up with pain its 1.40am

Options
Chinup
Chinup Member Posts: 68
edited 21. Nov 2010, 14:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi to anyone who is up, The pain is so bad in my knees i dont know what to do with myself, I have just taken two parcetmal and x2 400g ibroufen I have doubled dose on that because i need to get rid of pain, I have tried to ring Rheumatology advise line with hope some one would answer i really dont know what I can do to take away my pain, I am going to ring them first thing monday and see if they can inject my knees. i cant take co-dydramol or anything like that as it makes me ill, i need something to knock me out I think, Im so tired from lack of sleep, Thanks to all who replied in earlier post, (cant take this pain much more). I hope there is a magic cure one day for all of us, I cant imagine living rest of my life like this, Hugs and kisses to you all. x :cry:

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chinup
    I too have PA and I'm up with arther bothering me as well. Your knee pain sounds dreadful, can you get an emergency Rheumy appt? I'm seeing mine Thursday hoping she can identify what the heck is going on with my rib pain, I have PA badly in my fingers and toes but had 2 wks of terrible rib pain when I move and ofcourse that complicates things when I lie down to sleep! Just waiting for my dose of co dydramol to kick in meanwhile sitting with hot water bottles strapped to my sides...it would be funny if it wasn't so painful!
    Try and make that appt first thing Monday, in the meantime hang in there this flare has to end sometime. Sending you a hug ((())) all the best Poppy x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • Chinup
    Options
    Hi poppy

Im Still up painkillers just do not kick in, I just wish I could have a few days without pain, yes I will be on the phone to try and get a emergency appointment. I do feel for you hope your co-dydramol start to work soon and you can get some sleep, you made me smile about water bottles round your legs im sat here the same. Hugs from me hope you feel better soon. x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Chinup

Bet you are asleep now??

I suggest you see a doc and get something to relax muscles which might also help you sleep. i atke amitriptyline and maybe you could take some thing else for the pain like slow release ones or the ptches like me. It takes away the burst of the medicine which makes me so dizzy and sicky.

Please take care

Love

toni xx
  • Chinup
    Options
    Morning Frogman (Toni) in the end I took another 400mg ibroufen it was a case of kill or cure i was so desperate, i managed to go to sleep about 4ish, then got up at 6.30 i am so tired but most of the nights are the same, I am going to ring docs up on monday to see if I can get some of those patches, i think to have a decent sleep makes things better. thanks

Di x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    From experience a steroid injection and releasing that fluid from your knees will help a lot. They should be able to do this at your next appointment. It worked straight away for me. It wont last but it will be a temporary release.
    Poppy girl I had the ribs and knees too both hurting at the same time. It is impossible to sleep isn't it? I am crying just remembering all that pain. I don't suffer like this now and believe it is all the meds I am on(MTX humira plaquenil and sulfa). It took a while to get here but got here in the end.I wish you could get the pain sorted,
    best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hi Di , ( chinup ) , hope you have had a reasonable day and manage to get some kip tonight , sending hugs . Jilly
  • Chinup
    Options
    Hi All thanks for your post, I have been popping pills all day, and have just taken another 800mg irbroffen (Cant spell it) I know I should not take so much but it is just taking edge of pain for me so i can function, will be ringing docs first thing in morning to ask about patches people have spoke about, will let you know how i get on. Hope you have all got through the weekend and arthur has not been so horrible. x Di
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    I am just popping in to see how you are,I really hope you get that appointment tomorrow, like Toni says Amitriptyline is really good at night, and after a while it carries on relaxing you in the day, so the pain dosnt seem has bad.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    I do hope tonight is better for you Chinup.

Please do let us know how you get on at the docs wont you?

T/C there first thing methinks :wink:

Love

Toni xx