foot tendons

Options
shezza
shezza Member Posts: 39
edited 21. Nov 2010, 16:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
can anyone tell me whats best to help with pain in my foot .I have been to see dr and he said i have swollen tendons and to use movelat gel and rest it .This was Tues and its now Sunday and no improvement .Thanks everyone

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've just been told I have severe tendonitis of both feet and have a Podiatry appointment next week.

I don't really think they can do much more than I am already doing, i.e. exercises, but will see what happens.

Annie
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I used to have steroid injections into the tendon sheaths in my foot and ankle. It was done under xray guidance. There was some improvement after about 3-4 days but it never lasted long for me. Also the injections, as they were repeated, damaged my tendons further in the end. What I found to be the best in the long run was rest and gentle stretching exercises. I needed lots of pain killers to allow me to walk as normally as I could and over the course of a year I slowly got the use of the ankle back. I no longer have to use a stick. With something like your feet/ankles i think whatever you try, it will take a long time to show an improvement because it is simply impossible to rest your feet when you have to walk on them.

I hope you find something that helps but in the meantime, rest as best you can and if you feel you can do a little gentle stretching. Stop if it hurts. Good luck.
  • tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi
    :) I have had trouble with this for a few month now it comes & goes.Im scared to tell my doctor he will probably think whats next.Its awful isnt it :?