Greetings and Salutations

Africa
Africa Member Posts: 22
edited 23. Nov 2010, 18:09 in Say Hello Archive
Hi - I'm new. :shock: One day I was going to the gym 5 times a week and then I just stared to have pains and swelling in my knees, then shoulders, then jaw, then neck then a couple of fingers and then toes ......at this point I felt it might not be the gym as I couldnt get out of bed properlyor down stairs! so went to Drs.. shes done a few blood tests and is saying positive things about new great drugs not like the old days and I am waiting for an appointment for Rheumatologist but unfortuantley it all got mixed up so they arranged an appointment with the Cardiologist! So waiting again for appointment, but reading your forum the rest of members dont like the cold I prefer it I was in Africa for Holiday and my knees were terrible in the heat better back here. So I am about to embark on a journey and I hope to have some support with u guys. I suppose Im lucky as I'm 52 and it can happen a lot younger

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to the forum, hope you find it as useful, and fun, yep, fu, as I do :D
    There's a chit-chat section for a chinwag and virtual cups of tea in Val's cafe, and the LWA section is best for advice etc.. Some wonderful people on here

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello africa!

So very pleased to meet you. :D

I do hope you feel at home here and let us support you on your journey.

Love

toni xx
  • Africa
    Africa Member Posts: 22
    Thank you have been looking around the forum and getting a good insight into issues etc......but how do I get a cool picture for my sign on name?
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Go to the user control panel and edit pofile (I think) should let you do it there somewhere. We're limited to the ones on here though..

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP