Faith In People

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 23. Nov 2010, 10:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

On saturday i had to take my mobile phone into the carphone warehouse to put it in for repairs. I took the box and stuff expecting the whole lot to be looked at and sent away. However I got handed the sim card back and put it in my purse and went to Asda to get some tea.
I looked in my purse last night and no sim card - oh no!!! After searching everywhere i could, realised only place had been was Asda.....So went in today and asked at customer service desk had anyone handed it in? I thought its such a wee thing that it would have gone down a nook n cranny and gone to sim card heaven....
Anyway woman rooted around and eventually held up a little 02 sim card, i looked at number and it were mine!! I couldnt beleive it how a wee thing like that in a busy supermarket could survive!!!
Puts my faith in human kindness back..

Elainex :P

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wahay, one up for the good guys........... People can be nice sometimes eh? :P :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    How lucky was that eh :?: :D

juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Yeah absolutely and i just think i were lucky.....

:)

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Like Kylie....

Lucky, lucky lucky....

Elainex
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Yes, I do like Kylie :D:D:D:D:D:D:lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    To carry on the cheesefest...

That one was "Especially For You"....

Ha...

Elainex
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The cleaners were probably checking the sweepings for coins! Still good to get it back.

Mucho cheapo basic phones are available for about £10 - £15 and you will always in future have a spare phone just in case. I keep a spare in my car with a car charger, but its an old one of mine with a spare SIM, so cost me nothing.

Josepht1614.gif
    Josephm0310.gif
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Joseph

Well yeah thats an option. My phone is only 3 months old and even though its a small one (its a samsung S3550) i think it should hold its charge for more than the 30 hrs it has been giving me before being sent off. The young bloke in carphone warehouse told me that apparently new phones dont hold charge as they have lots of new apps, things on them...However im not sure if he was trying to **** me as i know people with Blackberry's, LG Cookie's and they dont have to charge up every other day...
    My old one was a Samsung E250 and cos i liked the slide feature and dont want a touchscreen phone, they leave me cold...I got another Samsung as old one needing charging about every 3 days which is fine....

Elainex
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Elaine

that is lovely lovely :)

Aren't some people nice really :D

Good people do still exist.

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni

Well some are...Just been to Next however and as i got out of car heard clinking of metal...It was my bag strap snapping, its like a chain link one...Only bought it in Next in summer sales so commented to assistant and she just looked at me like id given birth to piglets on the spot!!! Still commented it wasnt worth the £15 sale price, never mind the £30 full price as have had to fix it about 3 times now....And you guessed it, no cant find bloody receipt...All cos i went to get a sodding voucher for xmas pressie...Had to walk out of shop with bag in arms, stick and no hands free...

GRR!!!

Elainex