FEELING REALLY LOW

Options
snowball
snowball Member Posts: 3,465
edited 26. Nov 2010, 10:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know I am not the only one suffering but I am feeling bloody cr@p and really low. My mum goes in hospital tomorrow for her biopsy and because of where they are operating its classed as major surgery and she will be in for at least 10 days. I have come down with a cold and when my mum and dad need me most I can't be there in case I pass it on to them. I wish Arthur would bugger off then I wouldn't need the treatments that lower my immune system.
Sorry rant over with.

Jules
((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's awful Jules.. I really hope that the op goes well and your cold buggers off and sharpish... I'm sure that your parents understand though eh??

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Jules

I'm here for you, PM me anytime.

The cold will get better and then you can see your parents, I'm sure your Dad will have a running commentary on events whilst you have this cold. Talk about timing!

Wishing you and Mum, Dad all the luck in the world for you. At least now things are being dealt with at last and you must get some comfort from knowing that.

i'm telling that cold to do one as I type!

Janie xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Firstly Jules, You are ALWAYS there for your Mum and Dad, when you are able. That said, it must be very depressing that you are having to keep your distance at this time. I know you will be in constant contact by every other means. I so wish things could be different for you, sweetie, and the pain - both physical and emotional - could ease for you. Sadly I believe that emotional pain manifests itself physically.

Try to give yourself some soft time, and know that I am - and have been - thinking of your Mum, and the rest of you, and sending you all the love in the world........Ange.x.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Jules

You know you cant help having a cold and your folks will understand you know...With my AIDisease i used to shout at it and tell it to go away and leave me alone, strange but made me feel better!!!
    Why dont you send your mum something to hospital if you cant go there yourself...Such as a book, a new nightie or maybe some fruit in a basket...I was thinking also can you help your dad out too in another way, such as drop off basic shopping items such as milk, bread at the house for him then he knows youre doing your bit in the way you can whilst ill too..
    Kick the cold into touch, take honey n lemon, hot lemonade or balckcurrant if your on meds that stop you taking cold remedies...

Elainex
  • snowball
    Options
    Hi all I'm drinking hot water with honey and lemon, been talking to my mum on skype and if she new what I had put here she would tell to stop feeling bad, well words to that affect :roll: I got her plenty of pj's last week from. I will feel better once she has had the op, they have told us that it will be a couple of weeks after she has got home before we will know what it is.
    Thank you ((((hugs)))) to you all

Jules x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jules
    I am so sorry you are suffering a rotten cold on top of everything else, your mum knows you are there for her, but I know its hard not to be there.
    Sending you lots of hugs for you and your mum and dad
    You take care of yourself,
    Lots of love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jules,

You know I am thinking of you.... sorry got to go one handed.

sending healing vibes and so much hope to your mum and a bucket of stop worry and fortitude to you. next to it a huge bucket of hugs and it elf fills. love Cris xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh Jules, so sorry that you are so down, those colds know that the best time for them to hit you is the worst time - if you see what I mean.

I'm sure your Mum knows you are there for her, but I know how it gets you down when you feel you can't pull your weight. Once the op is over, you will all feel relieved and more relaxed and hopefully the lurgi will disappear then!

Love
    Annie
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i can only agree with what the others have said and send extra hugs for you all.

coco xx
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Jules
    It does make you feel like you are not doing much......but your mum will know what you are doing for her behind the scenes.... and those little bits and bobs add up to being the things that can mean the most!
    Can you keep in touch via video camera on your phone maybe?

Thinking of you ...I know its hard ...keep your spirits up and your mum will benefit from that!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jules,
    Please do not feel so down on yourself. By the time your mum has had her treatment you will be better and will be able to keep her company. I sometimes think that when we get home after all the hustle and bustle of the ward we just need our own family to natter to.
    Lv, Ix
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi jules,You need to concentrate on seeing that cold off & try not to worry about not being able to go in with your mum,you know you cant. I really hope you start to feel better soon.
    You know where i am if you want a chat & im thinking of you & your family.
    Take care & keep your chin up.
    loads of hugs debs
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hi Jules

our bodies know how to beat us up don't they! If it isn't the pain it's the frustration and if we're really lucky its both :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please don't add to your load by letting the 'what if's' take over and sap your energy even more.

there will be loads of hugs and love flying your way and towards your mum & dad tomorrow. LIke the others said, you are doing the right thing to help your mum, and a very important thing it is too.

look after yourself so that when your mum is home you'll have the energy to look after her :wink:

much love
    WOnky
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Julie

Sorry to see this, and the cold seems to be the final straw. Do hope all goes well for your mum tomorrow and that you both soon feel better. Leaving some hugs and I will be thinking of you all. ((((( ))))
    Chris
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Your whole family is under severe pressure at the moment, it's no wonder you are feeling down. Be kind to yourself, and to each other. Time will resolve matters, it always does, but the waiting for that to happen is bound to be difficult. I wish you all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Jules

I am so so so very very sorry i missed your thread yesterday (although I had been wondering how you Mum is doing).

Arthritis is shift when it makes you feel you have 'let down' someone you love. I am sure they know how much you care (we do) and you will get there as soon as you can.

Check with the NHS direct, but I think the contagious time with a cold is only the first 4 days or so so maybe you can visit safely very soon.

I will be thinking of all of you.

Love and huge huge hugs

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Jules

Hope the cold is getting much better and rhat the remedies are working.

Hope your mum is comfortable in hospital and I send her a hug ((((())))) and well wishes

Juliepf x
  • snowball
    Options
    Hi all just letting you know I feel a lot better and will be with my mum tomorrow, she is having her op at dinner time I will let you know how it goes. Oh and my mum has took her bus pass in case she needs to escape. she wont get for as my dad has took her shoes home. Thank you for all your support it does mean a lot.

Love and ((((hugs))))

Jules xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Jules, Im so pleased your feeling better & will be with your mum tomorrow.
    I know you wanted to be there.
    As for escaping youve got that covered then, especially with the weather forecast.
    Hope it all goes well.
    Take care & rest up when you can
    luv n hugs debs
  • snowball
    Options
    Just letting you all know my mum is still wating to go theatre, I did ring just after 2pm and was told my mum had gone down at 1pm. 10 mins later my mum rings me to say she is still waitind :roll: Lets just hope they do the correct op.
    It was the women in the next bed who went down at 1pm

Jules x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I hope the woman in the next bed wasn't having a boob job :shock: :lol:
    Seriously though, really hope it goes well...

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Julie I am still thinking about you and your mum...and Dad of course...I really do hope that all goes well ,
    Sending you all lots of good vibes and hugs ((((((())))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • snowball
    Options
    Tony someone else said that too :lol: Now just sat waiting.

Jules x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Jules

thinking of you and sending as many good vibes your way as humanely possible.

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope all is well with your mum. And you too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben