Update (I cant take this pain much more)

Options
Chinup
Chinup Member Posts: 68
edited 23. Nov 2010, 06:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All you all so nice and helpfull, I hope you are all feeling ok today? Tony I would like some of that cream........ sounds fantastic. Well I got on the phone first thing this morning when I went to work, after a lot of phone calls and one stroppy receptionest I got a emergency appointment with my consultant, she is lovely and could see how much pain i am in by my face, I told her how I was feeling and what a weekend I have had, She looked at my knees and drained them, out of my worst knee 75ml plus more on the bed, she said it was the second most she has ever had to drain, you could see my knee shrinking, my other knee was not so bad only 35 ml, at the same time she injected steroids into both knees, she has also given me naproxen tabs 500mg x 2 aday. I then got home and my doctor rang me to see how i got on, and i have just had a call to say my humira is going to delevered next
monday 29th, and nurse should be out within a few days of that to go through injection, with me. Im going to take next couple of days of work and give my knees time to settle, once again thanks for all your support, and I wish you all well, i will be on site tomorrow im going to try and get some sleep, hugs to you all. xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well that should make life more comfortable for a while. Rest those knees as much as you can, in order for the steroid to really permeate the joint and hopefully be effective. I hope the naproxen works - do you also have a stomach protector too? I hope you sleep well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Chinup
    I hope you feel a little better with all that fluid removed, at least you are now getting some treatment, good on you for getting the appiontment.
    I do hope you manage some sleep now, good luck with the humira.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    hi chin up

im glad you have had some help and hope with rest over the next couple of days make a world of difference to the pain you have been in. hopefully the steroid injections work.

keep smilling

coco xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Chinup,
    So glad you saw your consultant wow! What a lot of fluid no wonder you were up at night! At least you can get some relief and hopefully some sleep and then start your new treatment. Still struggling with my rib pain unfortunately, my gp said I've probably pulled something doing my job (childminder) and to mention it to consultant on Thursday. Anyway just wanted to say I'm very pleased you were seen and treated! Hopefully no more 2am chats for you!! Take care Poppy Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chinup,
    Well done for getting some treatment sorted. Please rest those knees it will help the steroids to work for you.
    I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.
    Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chinup

so pleased that your consultant was able to help you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the steroids start to work soon.

I recently changed from Ibuprofen to Naproxen, and have been very impressed, but as someone already mentioned, if you haven't already got a stomach protector to take, at the first sign of any stomach pains do ask your GP urgently for something. I didn't know to ask, and after a few days I was in agony ..... and yes it was at a weekend, so that didn't help :roll:
    Since I started taking the Lansoprazole (there are lots of others you might be given) I have had absolutely no problems with my stomach at all.

best of luck
    WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi chinup,

really glad the consultant helped you, getting rid of that fluid must help in its self. like the others have said rest up for a min.

hey glad you are going to take a bit of time off work... hope it helps to ease it all down for you.

most important well done for talking about how you feel... its the best way and really can lead to much better help for you. oh and ask for the stomach pills up front... i have had a few ulcers and they say got one again and better to off set it cus i am not able to take the anti-inflammatories in the way i need to just now. take care and fingers crossed the hurmira will help you big time. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Chinup

well done you!

Got past the receptionist for a start - deserves my admiration!!! :lol:

So happy you got helped.

I totally agree a day or so off is definitely called for.

and even the humira is on it's way :D

Love

toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning chinup

Hope you are feeling much better today and that the steroid has started to work

Good Idea to have a couple of days off work,

And good luck with the humira next monday

juliepf xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Ooh Chin up, hope your knees are starting to feel better since being drained and then jabbed with steriods. Hopefully the resting will have helped too.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.