Advice please...

Options
Seraphinite
Seraphinite Member Posts: 8
edited 23. Nov 2010, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello

I joined a few days ago and have been hidden away in the background reading as much as I can. I do hope to start posting regularly and getting to know you all a bit better as you seem such a strong and supportive bunch. :D

I really did not know that there are so many different types of arthritis and although I no longer feel quite so alone I do feel slightly overwhelmed by the posts I have read.

I have been diagnosed with Palindromic RA and it moves around all the time. Since I have been daignosed I have had a few days of being in remission but most days I have symptoms, somewhere!

Last week I was moved to a work address / building that is totaly innapropriate for me and has no parking. It has been suggested that I apply for a Blue Badge to help with this and after reading some of the posts here I thought that this may be a good idea, as yes I too find it difficult to get about when my PRA hits my hips/knees/ankles.

As my symptoms move around so much I am not in constant pain in this way and I'm in the process of explaining this in my Blue Badge application form but the questions that I'm really having a problem with are
1) How far can you walk without severe difficulty? and
2) How long does it take you?

There is such a small space for me to write my answer and I really don't know what to write. :?

I'm sure that if I wrote 1) 'I can't!' and 2) 'Forever' my application would be thrown out so can anybody please help me by either suggesting what I could answer or by letting me know what they wrote on their form, I'd be incredibly grateful...

Many thanks,
Sera

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sera, those bloody forms eh? You need to think of yourself on a bad day, and if you want to you can write more on a sheet of paper and staple it to the form, word of advise, photo-copy it ALL, and send recorded delivery, they have a bad habit of losing things... :x

Welcome as well :D

I have osteo-a in knees and spine and sero-negative in both wrists, ain't life grand :shock: :lol:

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Hi Sera

that is definitely the way forward for you. Try for a badge.

As Tony said it has to be on the worst day. Suggest you try it if you are not sure - remember if your journey is a long one - you may be very stiff on arrival so it might take longer.

I strongly agree with the photocopying! Copy everything for future reference.

LOve

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

definitely apply. You only need to use the badge on bad days.

Wait for a bad day and then get someone to help you - ie you walk as they time/measure etc I did this one lunch time at work with a colleague - I was rather shocked by the results!

And as others have advised, photocopy the form.

Don't go into on a good day/on a bad day etc ....

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.