Benefit Changes

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 23. Nov 2010, 14:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Was just coming back from hairdressers in car and heard on 12 o' clock news that the government is supposed to be changing the way incapacity and benefits for disabled people is done. They said it was described as impersonal....
So ive come home and tried to log onto BBC News and Sky News but none seem to mention this anywhere...
Anybody able to enlighten me?

Elainex

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I heard it too Elaine (radio 2 12 O'cock news)

Maybe it will be on later properly - sounds promising???

Love

Toni xx

Ps you got Sol online yet?
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni

Yeah id rather hear about it than bloody Wills n Kate...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Cant get Sol online apparently have to have a hosting account, all gobblydegook to me....

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    HERE

Not much of a change though :(

whats that got to do with owt????

:cry:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Cool

Thanks WM thats what i wanted to know...I think Prof Harrington should be awarded a sensibility award for saying what any person who has had to tackle this stupid system already knows....

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Yes i did read it but it didnt seem to make sense....

Thanks

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Wm

No the colour was absolutely fine...

Thanks

Elainex
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The Atos/DWP system makes the Irish economy look a model of stability. There are currently 15,000 appeals per month with 40% being found in favour of the claimant, rising to 70% if the claimant gets legal advice from such as a Citizen's Advice Centre.

The 'minister' says there is nothing wrong with the system, I am sure that it is similar to a football chairman saying that he fully supports the manager. They are simply trying to ignore the problem and thus bully disabled and vulnerable people into submission, in the hopes that 'all will be well if the DWP shut their eyes and cross their fingers'.

The whole system is rotten from top to bottom, they won't fail druggies, alcoholics and fraudsters, so only the vulnerable and disabled face the chop from their rightful benefits.

Keep appealing and if your appeal fails, reapply. DWP puts claimants through the system every few weeks until they get the 'right' decision, so claimants should do the same to them.

Josepht1614.gif
    Josephm0310.gif