Rheumatology appointment

Options
magicdragon
magicdragon Member Posts: 75
edited 23. Nov 2010, 13:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
*Sigh*

Well i went 4 my rheumy app tday after making a fuss as they said they where 'busy' even though there where few ppl there.

Went in usual ask what's wrong, then the exam (lovely).

So the her analysis.....

U have inflammation but you don't
U don't have damage but you do
Its progressing but not active
And its fine to have no immune system

That was continued with well I didn't order bloods so how did u know that ur white cell markers where down?
Because my gp did because he cared? *I said different but its what I though*
You didn't like it so u came off & u had mouth ulcers?
No, I was ill my gp & other consultant worried due chest infections and pluresy
Oh.....

This was between the sarcastic smile and looking at the tentacles coming out of my head... obviously

So shes suggested Tacrolimus and Leflunomide and I don't know what to do. She said patronisingly that I would want to research it like last time & in my mind its a good thing! Now im waiting for the overly agressive nurse to call me to start the sarga all over again

Royally fed up. So has anyone been on these drugs? Many thanks

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magicdragon

No wonder you are, as you put it "royally fed up". I would be too - and have been in similar circumstances many times so I do understand.

Rheumatology "care" seems to vary so widely doesn't it? Some people have wonderful rheumatology depts who help and support them and others are either "told what to do" or just left to get on with it between appts.

I think you are absolutely right to research these drugs so you know what is being prescribed and I think asking on the forum for the experiences of others is a great start. I took Leflunomide for a while but then went on to other things so unable to say how much help it was for the RA. The other one, I've not heard of I'm afraid. Have you looked to see if either Arthritis Care or Arthritis Research websites have publications on these drugs? Or the AC helpline might be able to point you in the right direction.

By the sound of it you have a caring GP so hopefully you will have some support.

Love Tilly xxx