Eco Ball

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 24. Nov 2010, 06:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday we saw in the local electrical superstore something called an Eco ball .It is supposed to do away with the need to put detergent in the washing machine We bought one thinking well for 12 euros we won't be robbed too badly.Anyone seen or used or heard anything of these balls or have we been had?It is supposed to do 1000 washes.

Comments

• mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry,but sounds like a load of balls to me! Does that mean no one has to buy,Bold,Ariel,Daz and all he rest of the so called wizz washes :?: Save a few quid there then,put hundreds out of work,thats no surprise :( Let me know if it works,does it smell nice too :?: mirabella
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    my sister in law uses them and swears by them, have thought about giving them a go but not got round to it yet. she justs adds a little fabric softner like normal, to make clothes smell nice but she is like me in that way i use tons of the stuff cose i like the smell

let us know how you get on

coco xx
  • wooly-monkey
    wooly-monkey Member Posts: 115
    Options
    I was told that they were just for drying purposes. They dry the washing much faster and save on electricity. You still put washing powder/liquid in though.
    I've never heard of not using washing powder with them, That's a new one on me.
    Wooly-m
  • coco67
    Options
    tHERE are two types. the ones you have mentioned to help with drying and one for the washing machine. the ones for the washing machine have something in them which does the same job as the powder but without the chemicals and they have to be replaced every so often, some after 500 washes some after 1000 washes.

the ones for drying are about tennis ball size one has square ended spikes on it and the other has pointed. they rattle around with the washing allowing the hot air to circulate better thus drying them quicker.

hope this helps.

coco xx
  • coco67
    Options
    sorry for the big letters hands are cruddy

coco xx
  • coco67
    Options
    hope i dont sound like im preaching or patronising as thats not my intention. just thought id explain the difference and try and be helpful :shock: :)
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hi i use them when at my caravan.....must admit once you get use to the no smell you have on the clothes they are really quite good. Not having to rinse is great when using the small twin tub thing i have. All i do is soak the really dirt clothes is the pre-wash cream...if it is really bad i do soak the clothes overnight.
    I must admit i do not use them at home. Not sure if they are cheaper to use...i think you would have to have a twin tub to save money on water for rinsing etc (less water used/less power etc).
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Living in the heart of the aspanish countryside we don't have mains drainage just a cess pit I hope it will be more friendly than the phosphates in the washing liquid
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi

I have the drying balls - spikey they are :wink:

but not the washing ones - please do let us know if they work will you - l guess they work maybe like the rubbing of washing in water with stones in the 'olden days'????

Love

toni xx