Bugger it all.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 25. Nov 2010, 10:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Boy am I down right now every time I ask for help I get kicked to the ground, be it at work or the hospital or social outings, I have had OA of both kneecaps for 3 odd years and even the surgeon isn’t helpful anymore, HR want my **** on a spit my line manager is a nasty bugger and my top boss wont talk to me and wants me sacked under incapability, even the union rep is distant and what’s the crime?, getting sick, I have always played by the rules and worked really hard as I don’t pick things up that quick so I always use keenness to overcome any problems, and what did this do for me, bugger all squat nothing not a dam thing, I have really had it right now I don’t know what to do I guess I have come to the end of the line, the game is up the last card is about to be laid on the table and I have run out of options and avenues, it’s like I’m down a log corridor and one by one the lights go out and the dark is closing fast, I can’t go on like this really don’t know what to do anymore I feel engulfed by despair and to tired to run anymore I just want to curl up and the world to bugger off and leave me alone, I don’t want anything other than a bit of flippin empathy, is it to much to ask!?.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You know my feelings on it Rkid, got the 'lads' here with the van, tarpauline in the back, just say the word.. :D:D

Keep thi chin up matey, we're only a click click click away..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, Mell, pal..........you've got all the empathy that I can muster, but I only have words to give to you.

A big hug - I don't do them easily, but for you.........
    (((((())))))
    Annie
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Awww Mel
    I'm sorry its just words......sending you {{{ }}}}}} hugs

Love
    Hileena
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    mel

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

coco xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Mell ..you really needed to get that of your chest.we cant help with the work issues...but we are here to talk to.
    Maybe the very people you are talking about will one day know what its like to be in your shoes.
    Sending you some warm hugs ((((((())))) and a bucket full of spirit....thats spirit not spirits :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks all, it really gets me as the last time I saw him he said I will support you all I can and now this, Jesus it's easy to lecture a pleb about work ethics when your on £200K a year, I am really confused about it all, I have had about as much as I can handle right now every time I try and do something posative it blows up in my face, I was sick enough for him to operate on me but now I'm not even though my OA is quite bad, I am use to pain with my spondulosis of my neck but this is like salt in a wound really pissed off, I would seriously consider topping myself if I thought it would provide a pension for my wife and kids but the family wouldn't get any money as I'm not covered at work if I do so they have me by the balls big style, it's not just me down the bloody drain but I'm going to drag them with me, Jesus talk about catch 22.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I really wish I could help ya, hope ya know that Rkid..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    oh Mel all i can do is send you buckets of empathy and sympathy and a hope it all sorts out and you feel more like you soon. [] Cris xx
  • tonymohan
    tonymohan Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Our opening expletives seem to be the same,,,, I replied to 'Chinup ' because she seemed at the end of her tether as do you at the moment. As for me, for about 12 years the pain in my knees was registering in my brain before almost every thought and with every step. It certainly wears you down. If you are looking for empathy please have a large bucket full from me.
    I joined this newsgroup last year but because of distractions never really paid any attention to it. I can now see there is a lot of work to be done to help all us suffering people. I seem to be lucky because the rejection I met from the Medical Profession when I was seeking their help spurred me on to do something for myself. This started ten years ago on holiday in Spain, when I put some sun tan lotion on my knees and noticed that the pain level dropped from 8 on a scale of 10 to7½; just marginal I know but still it showed me that I could influence the condition by taking some action. I decided to investigate when I returned home and with my initial faltering steps, making my own concoctions, I slowly started to improve. The only thing is that although grateful for the improvements you can never get used to pain so after a time the lower levels of pain become just as irksome as the older higher levels. This kept me going at my research, which centred more and more on how our body cells behave, till eventually I got it right. My first thoughts were to share it with others only to find those in Authority don't want to know. Doctors treat me like the Village Idiot if tell them about my remedy. Dragons Den type capitalists don’t want to know. The relevant Parliamentary all party committees won’t reply to my information and proposals to save the NHS millions in costs. The most surprising re-action was from Arthritis research charities whose liaison staff refused to comment or take my follow up calls after I’d sent them details of my development. The health regulatory Authorities are obstructive in their demands in order for me to make it for others use outside of friends and family who may try it from un-labelled containers without any information or claims as to what it does. This brought me to a position where I thought well at least I've cured my knees and faced with a massive dis-interest I'll put it away. That is until the last couple of days reading the posts and remembering that for one period of four years all I could do after a day’s work was come home and go straight to bed to nurse my pain. [Text Deleted].
    Remember Churchill’s motto “Nil Desperandum”….Never Give up!
    Or as the Dandy used to say “Nil Desperate Dan dum”
    Get better soon
    Cheers
    Tony

*This post has been edited by a Moderator as it breaches the Forum's Terms & Condition 3.5.'Messages must not....promote a specific product'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Please don't top yourself - any insurance will immediately be invalidated leaving the various female mellmans in some straits I suspect - you can't do that to them mell, you are a far better man than that. You can't walk out either can you? I think that invalidates any benefit to which you might be entitled. How would early retirement on health grounds work out financially? Emotionally that could only be a win-win, you don't need the pressure of work any more, you have done so well to battle this far. Something will work itself out - it's just a matter of what and when. I won't hug you, mate, but I will stand you a pint or three. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    Options
    Now that's not going to happen I don't like hights and the river is to bloody cold and although I own a shotgun I am to thick to know how to use it in that way, and I don't like the thought of an OD to much waiting around, and as for hangin well I have spondywotzit of the neck so don't like neck pain and anyway it says it in the pension small print no money so I'm stuffed really, maybe it's better to hang around and pi$£ everyone off even more, drags you down though really not what I'd expected seeming he is a forgetful %^$$££(*, it should have been me getting a tad irate seeming he's left me 6 months waiting for a report that was never going to happen even though I'd see him specifically for that very reason in the first flippin place, I don't know it must be my face you lot can't see me otherwise I bet you'd probably all get a strange urge to punch my face in!.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Mel

How are things with you today? I was so sorry to read your posting. Do please call in and tell us how it is. I do not like to hear you are feeling like you do although I can understand why. You have been though a lot. Please let us know how you are today, you know you can rant away to us on here.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mel

Just been reading your post sorry ou are feeling so rubbish and that the people at your work place are a bunch of morons, making you feel this way.

Just sending hugs and a bucket of high spirits

juliepf x