ESA tribunal in December

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 25. Nov 2010, 09:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, sorry I've not been around for a while, but I've had the date through for my tribunal, 17/12, I think the day is. Anyway, I don't feel that I can go through with it at the moment, my arthritis is quite painful, I don't feel I can go out and meet people and talk to them, let alone explain all my health problems. My husband said he'll go instead of me. My GP thinks I should fight for it as I'm unable to work. I just wish it would go away, I can't face this, too much is going on and this is tribunal is something that will only lose me money, which doesn't seem important now.

I've been having a bit of a worrying time of things with my hospital results. All very confusing and trying not to worry too much. I don't know if anyone remembers the cyst they found when I had an MRI, which led to an ultra sound and a blood test yesterday for ovarian cancer markers. My GP arranged that and I have to see a gyne. 'Just to be on the safe side'. I thought that having both ovaries and uterus removed 25 years ago for endometrosis, meant that I'd not have any more of those sort of worries, but I was wrong. I don't have any of the symptoms, although they are very vague with this problem. :?
I'm so sorry to go on like this its just like writting this is a safety valve, getting me thinking straight. Love to you all and sorry for being self pittying. I should add that I'm lucky in having a supportive husband who wants me to make the decision and understands how I feel. Sue xxx

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sue

Sorry things are not straight forward for you at the moment.

It is worrying waiting for hosp results, I am also a worrier.

I don't really know what to say, only I do hope you make it to the tribunal and try to keep the money you deserve.
    Your husband sounds lovely and I am sure he will be a tower of strength with you on the day.

I send you hugs and support too
    Take care

Sorry I am not good with words

Juliepf xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Hi Sue

at least l know where you have been now - l was about to post a thread.

Sue I hope that you do feel things are more clear now you have written it all down.

I dont know if you have been listening to the news that the ESA assessments are being changed /reveiwed. it's people like you who have been (wrongly)turned down who have partly provoked this change.

Because of this (and because i think their decision was wrong) I hope you can find the strength by then to go to the tribunal next month.

In the meantime l send you some cyber hugs(((((()))))

love

toni xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Yes, I heard something on the radio, but I'd just come back from the loo and missed most of it!!! I feel a bit better now, I've thought it through think that the hospital are just being safe. Thats what the radiologist said to me. I'm lucky as my GP has taken a blood test and it is far from giving a yes or no, it can show up markers, which if raised mean I could be fast tracked through. I'm not sure about the tribunal, I ought to be but it dosn't seem so important at the moment. Just a woble, I think. :mrgreen: Love Sue
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Sue

Am only just catching this and so sorry you have been having such a worrying time there with the hospital results and the looming tribunal. Think things are changing with ESA to make them more sympathetic to those who clearly deserve it and the fact you can't face it tells it's own story. Really hope things pick up for you soon. Hang in there.
    love
    Chris
  • woodbon
    Options
    As I was in such a panic about everything, I decided I could'nt go on without finding out more or at least talking to someone who knows more about the possible cancer side of things and could maybe reassure me or make me feel more in control. So, I found the McMillan Association on the web and phoned the help line number. I spoke to a lovely nurse and she told me that cancer is one of a large number of causes for these cysts and that I was lucky to be getting such thourough and quick treatment. Her reassurance made me feel a lot better. She told me to phone again if I needed to talk, they offer lots of help after diagnosis and when you'r waiting for results :oops: .

If anyone is in a similar position to me and wants to chat about anything, in that field I'd reccommend them! I spent all day finding the courage to dial the number, as I felt silly and over dramatic, but was treated seriouslly and kindly. I am a lot better today and getting back to my old self. Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Sue,

i am sorry flower as you don't need additional stress. i don't know anything about the 'medicals' except they are not medicals but try not to worry and all i can do is send you a bucket of support and a [] love Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Worry about stuff when you need to woodbon, not before. :) Energy is a precious commodity, don't waste it un-necessarily! One of the down-sides of arthritis is that one cannot really ever plan too far in advance: if Mr DD and I are off for a break we leave it until the very last minute before booking anything as I just don't know how mobile I will be etc. Your tribunal is three weeks hence - that's a stretch of time. I hope you will be able to go: their seeing you in person may sway their thinking, I don't know, these things do seem to be a lottery at the moment. Whether you are able to attend or not, however, you know that we will be behind you, cheeering you on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben