annoyed today

Options
spacey
spacey Member Posts: 126
edited 24. Nov 2010, 13:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all - hope today is being kind to you :)
well i saw my gp 2 weeks ago after being handed back by my physio who i have been seeing weekly since july. She feels none of treatment she has given me has reduced any of my problem areas and has requested a referal to the musclo skeletal team for an assessment/or a diagnosis as she is stumped. Well my gp is a half hour walk each way pushing the buggy and for the third time I have got up there and the referal paperwork is still not ready. I know I should phone first but 2 weeks for a letter seams too long - i know to the gp I am one of many but living with the pain is getting me down and in my head each week delayed is a week longer until I get some help. i am sending hubby up tomorow - grr !!!!
and calm again :D

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Spacey,

they don't hurry do they. i don't know why things take as long as they do but good plan to send your oh instead. fingers crossed they will have it all ready tomorrow.... Cris x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    And at the end of all the waiting, I bet it's done via email anyway, and that's bloody instant... :x

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi

My mum and dad's surgery is like that...When he had his TKR and was waiting for doc to sign form for his blue badge it took about 4 weeks more cos it had been lying round in his in tray, or other excuses, being processed, was sent out when it wasnt.....Same when mum had to cancel a holiday and needed a letter which she paid £30+ for and he still dragged his heels.....Mine on the other hand is brill, she was a countersignatory for me for job application and i always get an appointment quick...
    Could you by any chance speak to practice manager? They may be able to hurry things along...

Sorry ive waffled on....

Elainex
  • spacey
    Options
    thanks all - sometimes just getting it off my chest helps ease the frustration ! Its not the arthritis that i am getting het up about as I have had that 10 years now and can generally manage that, but since july I have had very tender muscles particuarly in my thighs down to my knees and running down the outside. If I touch them, knock them or lie on them it feels like a stab, a shock and a bruise all mixed together. Am also sore in my left upper arm. My physio said in the tender areas I have bundles which are too tight and sore to massage and also tightening of the muscle running across my buttocks and as such is squashing my sciatic nerve causing the nerve pain. She is querrying arthritis in my back as well as a problem with my discs and flexing my lower back. I find it hard to make sense of it all and if the problems are in some way related or just more seperate problems. As I said feel better to get it off my chest !!!!! hope no one minds :):) thanks xx
  • spacey
    Options
    sorry - more but this time a question when I feel the sore areas I feel little peas or groups of peas, does any one else know what I mean ???? x