Feeling down

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 25. Nov 2010, 03:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all, hope you're all feeling better than me. I posted the other day about feeling spaced out on hydroxy and came to the conclusion this was the cause of my problems. Went to docs today she thinks I have a viral infection as I now have sweats, feel queasy feel weak and wobbly and have diahorea, so how to tell? what to do? If they don't know what it is they say you have a virus. I had planned to go to my daughters this weekend (fri to sun) and go xmas shopping, been planning this for a while had even organised a mobility scooter so I didn't have to walk too much. I was going to say "why does this always happen to me", but I know the answer as much as everyone else, it's ****'s law and bloody arthur!!!!! I came on here to see if I could support anyone so that I could at least feel like I was doing something useful, but sadly reading everyone's problems has made me feel even more depressed about this bloody illness and there isn't even anyone who has a problem I can help with. Sorry for moaning, just needed to get it off my chest, thanks for reading.

Sue x

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't worry about having a moan luv.. Nowt wrong with that.. Sorry you're still not good, I am on the hydroxy too, not had any real ill feelings with it apart from lack of appetite, but as many have said, we're all different.

Hope you feel ok soon...

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh nanasue, that does sound like a bug to me - there are a fair few around here at the mo, but it is only Wednesday, you may well pick up over the next 48 hours or so: keep hydrated and warm, rest, check your temperature and if a little high try a paracetamol or two to bring it down (other meds permitting, of course) and hopefully the pesky germs will desert you and find another host. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Nanasue I also am on Hydro a add on to the mtx. I was taking 1X200mg twice a day Hydro, was also not feeling that good upset tummy light headed very queasy, as luck would have it I had a phone appointment the other day mentioned it to rheumy nurse she said to cut down the Hydro so I only take 1 one day 2 the next, since doing that I have felt alot better lost alot of that queasy feeling. If its possible can you phone your Rheumy she may suggest something. Hope you start to feel better soon.x

Tony I do wish my appertite would subside think I am in training for the olympics well if there was a medal for biggest eater I would win gold everytime lol.x
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I meant to say earlier, I know there are a lot of people worse off than me but when you're down all you can think of is how you feel and other people's problems don't always register properly.
    I'm going to try ringing to find out about cutting down the tablets to see if that helps, sounds like a good idea. Thanks for that.
    I'm not convinced it's a virus, they usually come on pretty quick, I started feeling a bit unwell last friday, I just thought I was doing too much and not pacing myself (as usual), I'm not very good at that, I've really got to try harder :roll: :!:

Sue x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sue
    Dont worry about supporting others till you get yourself sorted, you poor thing, I do hope you feel a little better very soon, dont we just wish we had a magic wand.
    You take it easy, I havnt done any Christmas shopping yet so you are not on your own.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Sue

So sorry you are feeling so very rough. Hopefully, if you think it may be down to the Hydroxy, you will manage to contact the rheumatology dept for advice. Really hope you feel better soon and that you do make it to your daughter's at the weekend.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning nanasue, I hope you are feeling a bit brighter today. I think whoever suggested you ring your rheumatology bods was on the right track - if you think it's the hydroxy then perhaps some form of compromise can be found. We all react so differently to these meds, it can be tricky working out if one has a bug or it's a side effect. I wish you well. DD

PS Whatever is pulling you down is pulling you down. The state of others is not in the slightest bit relevant - OK?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben