tax credit filled in may 2010

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 25. Nov 2010, 02:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello all,

i filled my tax credits in back in may and as i have had to phone them up yet again and finnally been told that they have been posted off on the 19th november :D:D:D just wondering whats going on with them i think this is a long long time to wait, first time i had to phone them so much :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

has anyone else had to wait this long before, i hope when they come up for renewal next they speed up a bit faster than this. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• wooly-monkey
    wooly-monkey Member Posts: 115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes definitely I have had HUGE problems - Not with Tax Credit but with my Pension.
    I didn't get anything at all for a whole year.
    I won't go into the detail here but it took months of letters, faxes, phone calls and threats to get anywhere at all.
    In the end two very apologetic women came to my house personally.
    They were carrying a cheque for a 1/3rd of the amount!!
    I never have received the rest.
    It has taken me 5 years to discover what happened.
    Apparently I was deleted from their system when I reached pensionable age.
    This is just to let you know that you have to be really tough with them to get anywhere.
    Being nice does not work.
    Wooly-monkey

PS I had to get help from an old boss of mine in the end who did most of the work - a Solicitor.
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hello all,

i filled my tax credits in back in may and as i have had to phone them up yet again and finnally been told that they have been posted off on the 19th november :D:D:D just wondering whats going on with them i think this is a long long time to wait, first time i had to phone them so much :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

has anyone else had to wait this long before, i hope when they come up for renewal next they speed up a bit faster than this. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is this the first time you have claimed them? I would get back on the phone and chase it up. The whole reason you claim this is because you need the money. It seems way to long?
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    they been having all sorts of probs this year with new comps and so have been sorting everyone new and old as they made loads of mistakes there help lines were useless as could never get through once sorted they will keep paying you even if they slow in processing your paperwork but only back pay 3 months i think but claim back years off you if they made mistake lol on what they pay you val
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning all fire looks warm h070.gif porridge is tasty h010.gif and paths cleared r015.gif stay safe and warm x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx