New Zealand Miners

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 24. Nov 2010, 15:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey

Just watched BBC News and there was no mention of the NZ miners...Okay the students protesting is a big thing but come on these men died in horrific circumstances, or is it cos they dont matter enough to UK news? I dont get it but feel the students could have taken a back seat today, they get to live another day the poor miners dont.....

Whats the media coming to now??

Elainex

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don’t get me started, the BBC are really odd, they constantly have things on about Islam hopping well all love each other then the next thing they are showing a program about schools and the Saudi Sharia teaching that’s going on here in an attempt I’m sure to stir up trouble once the BBC reported the news and didn’t attempt to make it.
    But your right about the nights news, as soon as the students kick off and it’s forget everything else, the poor students need free this and that poor devils, and they are angry about student debt going up, simple answer go and get a real job and stop doing pointless useless modern education rubbish do science or engeneering anything but not “media studies” or stuff like that.
    The real problem is there are to many rubbish degrees out there and the students all want to take pointless courses that are easier to do than anything useful, most of them wont use them as they can’t get jobs even if they have them as they are totally pointless, yet we who work are still expecting to pay up.
    A good start is to make hard science degrees etc free, or anything that we really need otherwise immigration is going to remain high as we can’t get the talent we need to boost our economy, if it carries on the way it’s going none of them will be going into higher education at all as the schools will be forced to close due to all the money running out!.
    Right on to the miners, sadly that’s the risk you face mining coal, I would imagine they were all dead right from the start, carbon monoxide poisoning I would think, they would have not known what was going on, one whiff and you pass out instantly, just prey they didn’t suffer the poor lads.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Mellman

Well i do get where theyre coming from the students but the fact of it is that a lot of those protesting today are just there for the aggro and dont have the true heart of the gripe - they see an opportunity to make trouble and off they go...Thats one of the downsides of twitter, tweet etc that they organise it online now and its a free for all.
    Re Nick Clegg, i voted for him and i now think he's a two faced lying git who couldnt care less about Sheffield and its eceonomy..I know its a coalition government and they need to compromise but those three (Clegg, Cameron and Osborne) - who paid for their silver spoon public schoolboy education.
    With degrees, some are good but think ive said before that when i worked in Witness Care Unit, i applied for a job there as an admin assistant. Everyone else there had degress, were ex policemen, military...I knew as soon as i applied it made a different i didnt have one...They even took on a girl who had a degree in textiles, what did that have to do with an admin job???
    With immigration - it wont change with this cap on people from outside the EU...Big companies it dont apply so they can get whoever they want from wherever and secondly its the people within the EU, Poles, Latvians, Eastern Europeans and before anyone has a go at me...It is true...
    Finally those poor miners, i dont think they ever stood a chance...Feel so sorry for the 17year old, it was his first day and he got killed....Its a tragedy and it deserves more coverage. Mind you so does our men fighting the war too...

Elainex
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Elaine sadly that's politicians for you it's why were in this mess in the first place, what worries me id Osbourne thought Ireland was a great success until it went pop, even Brown was championed as a great chancelor, yeah right both have no idea about how to deal with basic house hold Finance, Brown borrowed £300 billion and made loads of none jobs to flush it into the market so it looked like a boom, in fact the economy was dying all the time, it was like an old star that had run out of hydrogen, it burnt all the other elements in it’s core then exploded in a supernova, same for Ireland, if Osborne can’t work out that massive loans and massive debt aren’t a good thing when they were the only two things staring him in the face then we don’t stand a chance, I don’t understand why Brown never put in into some industry or other, at least you’d have made some money but now we have a debt so big it’s not worth thinking about and nothing to show except an army of “ ethnic diversity officers” “ Gypsy inclusion wardens” and one that was advertised for the JR hospital in oxford, a “walk back to health coordinator”, basically you got paid £50k to wander round the hospital telling ill people to go for a short walk every day, boy what a gig!.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Mellman

Well i think the next economical bubble to burst is going to be Spain and will we have to bail them out too? The banks should all be made public, they are the reason for a lot of this mess too..
    It makes me laugh all the titles some people are given in their jobs now, nobody is just called a cleaner, admin assistant, whatever......
    All this and we've gotta pay the fees for bloody royal wedding too...If we're all invited how about a bonus for everyone or a treat - "one is hereby giving you one bottle of Tattinger champagne per household"...LOL!!!

Elainex