Freddie Mercury

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 26. Nov 2010, 15:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey

Also heard that its Freddie's anniversary when he died.....Whatta man, great talent sad loss, but totally preventable too.....

Elainex

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    19 years today, what a sad thing, such a talent... One of the most powerful voices ever...

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Evening Tony

Yeah very talented but oh so promiscous....Silly man...

Miss his performances still...

Elainex
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Where have those 19 years gone? :shock:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni

Seems an age ago to me but he still doesnt feel not here...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Tinkerbelle

Freddie had all the things you say, such a stage presence that he solely had a lot of the world captivated in Live Aid......
    I just wish he hadnt had that period where he'd *****ed around and been silly, he may have been here if he had been safer....
    His last song he reocrded that we know about, was painful to watch...He can never be replaced, Queen is never the same without him.....

Elainex
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    elainebadknee
    I liked Freddy as a singer, one of the true greats, did you know that Queen were once called Smile, had another singer ( he must have been good ).
    Freddy used to sit at the back when they jammed, and used to sit in now and again, and became the singer soon after.
    The Smile L.P. must be quite rare nowadays, because I for one have never seen a copy, it must be worth £100 or so.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Alan

No I didnt know that but love learning new stuff when i can and will google it...Comes in handy in quizzes all this knowledge you know..

:-)

Elainex
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Elaine
    My favourite Queen track is Liar, from the album with the purple front ( Queen 2 I think ).
    Good quality version on You Tube, a very early video, with a young thin Freddy, who looks like he could do with a good dinner. All the group look a bit penniless, but you can see early promise, and quality bits and pieces, that later on , became the best band of the 80's.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yep a true tallent I still remeber him at live aid spot on, what I can't understand is why Queen still gig and don't try and get Micah singing for them he don't half sound like him and he can sing really well.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Yep a true tallent I still remeber him at live aid spot on, what I can't understand is why Queen still gig and don't try and get Micah singing for them he don't half sound like him and he can sing really well.

That would be a cool gig eh? Gotta bring Bowie on for 'under pressure though..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    One of my heroes Al Murray the pub landlord always talks about Queen BUt Queen without Freddie is a chip butty without chips