Milk

tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 25. Nov 2010, 14:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Because i had a slight infection in my scar I was prescribed an antibiotic called Norfloxicano(don't know the English equivalent).Amongst all the other warnings on the leaflet was one about milk.It says not to consume milk or yoghurt 2 hours before or until 1 hour after taking the tablet.
Is this a common thing with antibiotics in general or just this one :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 25. Nov 2010, 06:48
    Tone

The one thing i do know about dairy and as i cant have it at all is that it makes lots more mucus in your system. For this reason a lot of people lay off it when theyve got colds n flus and find it helps them recover quicker...Its gotta be the lactose element in it they tell you to avoid it with tabs...

Elainex

Update - I googled it and apparantly it affect the absorption into the system, the enzymes in dairy products.....Aint the internet brill???
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have never come across this before, tonesp (or Juan Crutch!) but if that's what it says then that's what you do! I hope the infection clears soon - how's the hip feeling? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Hip is doing brilliantly thanks Only posted this thread to make sure everyone read the leaflet that came with their tablets.I had never heard of milk as a problem before Hope that this post helps someone else :):):):)
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    That's very interesting Tonesp.. I have learnt something today!!

Hope things clear up soon.

Marion