So excited waiting for the snow.

lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 27. Nov 2010, 07:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i can hardly contain myself waiting for the snow. Bought a second hand sledge for our wee foster lad to use....well me really. tave it all worked out he can drag me around on it...it will wear him out and we will both have fun. God some great hills to go down. God my hubby saying no you don't remember your bones etc. Well **** it bring on the snow. Whoopieeeeeeeeee. It looks like we will have it for the weekend.
Even debating getting up at midnight to go out in it.....but i have work tomorrow so i will have to contain myself.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    enjoy, it does not last long. make the most of it great fun val
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I'm feeling generous, you can have my share, too. In fact, anyone can, as long as it stays away from me!

Annie
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    :lol::lol::lol: i take it you dont want snow then annie
  • lupin15
    Its just snowed a little bit...great big huge flakes but now it has stopped. Now deflated.......Oh well i will just have to be patient.
  • annie_mial
    coco67 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: i take it you dont want snow then annie

Nooooooo! As I cannot wear boots or shoes, I'm pretty well housebound if it snows. Anyway, it's nasty cold stuff.

Annie
  • coco67
    totally agree there annie. i hate the white stuff but as im reminded often by the kids... it good fun just dont touch the yellow snow :shock:

joking aside it is realy restrictive to a lot of people, i hate it as i have problems with foot wear. im still plodding around in my summer foot wear. i dont think i will be going far at all if we get it. i hope you have someone who can keep your supplies of food etc flowwing.
  • annie_mial
    Yep, summer and winter same clogs/sandals unless the podiatry bodies can help me out next week.......they might be able to fit me with inserts for boots to make my foot sit higher.

When we had the snow early in the year I didn't leave home for about 5 weeks.....admittedly in that time I had a severe chest infection, but by the time I got out I was stir crazy!

Annie
  • coco67
    fingers crossed the snow stays away for you
  • lupin15
    I hope it stays away for you folks but i want it to snow here and we are predicted it. Love the snow but hate it when it turns to ice....A white Xmas would be nice. Must admit my hands have swollen today and quite stiff assuming it is arthur playing up....(.new to this) will have to find my gloves...
  • coco67
    n014.gif
    k020.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    oh, give me sunshine any day of the week, I like my weather hot!!f025.gif

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    coco67 wrote:
    n014.gif
    k020.gif[/quote

Yes weeeeeeeeee and probably crash. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • lupin15
    I am sooooo disappointed only a sprinkling of snow...no sledging this morning but the day is young and anything could happen. There is a weather warning so it is looking good. :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Lupin

Sorry it didnt come to you.

Did you get the doggie in the end?

Love

toni xx
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    According to the MetOffice its going to go around us and miss us :-( Back in January when the schools were off, spent the morning out with the kids, pulling them along on their sledges, go inside, daughter messing about on the sofa and falls off ......breaks her arm :shock: :shock: :shock: Unbelievable. You can imagine what the wait was like at the hospital

Bring on the snow,

Beckie X
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hi Lupin.
    you can have are snow as well.
    i dont like it when it gets slippy.
    i have boots its my scoota i cannoe take it out
    . you enjoy it just let us know how you get on.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's just started sleeting and it has gone dark. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi lupin

Hope you get the snow you are craving for, you can have my share too.

Used to love it but now I am a bit scared, might have to put mi snow skis on scooter :P if we get it. (or stay in) :(

Be careful and have fun

Juliepf x
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    rehab44 wrote:
    Kids eh! No consideration whatsoever, did she damage the settee? :shock:

LOL, nope sofa was OK. Took 2 hours to travel 4 miles to get to the hospital ............. the city was at a stand still. Timing or what :roll:

I love the snow, but only if I can stay inside and look out the window :-)

Beckie X
  • lupin15
    Still no real snow :(:(:(:(
    Slipped on the bloody black ice when walking the dog this afternoon........... no not fallen or broken anything but my left hip is killing me.....In bed now resting and awaiting for this snow to appear. Even if i have to limp i will get to use that sledge first.
    Hubby off to Richmond tomorow to get me those clip on clamp things to put on my shoes. :idea: :idea: :idea: He is hoping that they will keep me upright when i am out. Better get me poles as well.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    oh my

do be careful

hope you are not too sore today and that the rest did you good

juliepf x
  • lupin15
    Ok this morning just a slightly pulled back. Now bought yaktrax device for my shoes/boots. hopefully they will keep me upright???? I love the snow but hate the ice....Shame you just can't skip the icy bit.. :):):):):):):):):)
  • lupin15
    Back from walking the dog and those clamp on things are BRILLIANT :D:D:D:D:D:D Walked on ice...no slipping or sliding. Which i had them last year. Recommend them to one and all.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Fat, fat flakes, falling softly, steadily, muffling the world. Gorgeous. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lupin15
    Got snow been out..little lad now in drying off before going out again. Disappointing snow its that dusty stuff that does not stick together properly...really hard to make snow balls.....never mind at least it is here.