Bad eyes hospital appointment tomorrow

Options
queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
edited 26. Nov 2010, 11:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have to go to the Hospital tomorrow because I have been referred by my doctor, I suffer with pressure behind the eyes, and dry eyes.
I hate the thought of them messing with my eyes, especially at the moment because I have got yet another bad kidney infection, but our eyes are important so it needs to be done,
Take no notice of me just came on to rant abit :roll: :roll: well I hope you are all not in to much pain with this cold weather.
I hate it when it gets to cold, It's a good job I wasn't born an Eskimo because I would never survive :lol:
Love Sue x

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment tomorrow sue
    Best to get it dealt with eh!
    Hope it goes well
    debs
  • queenfan
    Options
    Thanks Debs your right, You cant mess about with your eyes can you
    Thank you for your best wishes :wink: I hope you are keeping well :)
    And I hope you have a good nights sleep ,
    that's what I am hoping for :)
    Sue x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi sue,

no you can't mess with your eyes! guess you knew i would say that :wink: i do agree though its horrible when they mess about with them but the blue light is good flower.....

fingers crossed it goes well and will kip in your pocket. love and a [[[]]] cris xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Sue

Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow for you tis a worry I am sure. Yes please can we all hibernate through the winter. Has been too cold for me here.
    take care
    Chris
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck for today queenfan, eyes are important - without them you wouldn't be able to read our wonderful words of wisdom! :D I know it will be uncomfortable but hopefully only briefly, you do need to ensure that your eyes can be helped and to do that 'they' have to look at them. Let us know how you get on, if you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Options
    hi Sue,

just hoping it was ok today and leaving you some [[[]]] though they are still mud infested and one handed :wink: love Cris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I hope your appointment went well and it was not too distressing for you. My mum has been going to the eye hospital for a while now and I must say that they have been very kind and attentive to her, so I hope you have had a similar experience.
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hi queenfan, I hope it all went well and that you are OK. DD
  • queenfan
    Options
    Well we arrived at the Hospital for 8:40 & didn't leave until 11:35 I think i must have had every test going :roll: still he was very thorough, But having to sit there for all that time I was in agony all over, plus needing to get to the loo, John said my pupils were like saucers :lol: I have only been able to see properly for the last couple of hours.
    having said all that I am happy to say the glaucoma is OK, so just came away with drops & ointment to use, I'm Glad everything is OK.
    Thank you all for thinking about me :wink:
    Love Sue xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    goodness Sue

That was a long appointment but glad it all went well and you certainly had the works. Hope you have a good rest tonight.
    Thanks for the update
    take care
    Chris
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Oh I am glad Sue!

what a releif and you can just relax at home now and sort out the kidney infection!

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Hope you have a good appointment and you soon feel better. Love Suexxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Sue

Glad to hear that they sorted you out OK today... my Mum had glaucoma and it was a worry..

Take care

Marion x
  • skezier
    Options
    hi Sue,

glad they gave you a good once over but also know how uncomfortable that can make you.

hope you get/got a good night and leaving you a kip load of []'s love Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well at least he was thorough and you are now sorted on thr eye front! As frog says, now you can concentrate on getting the rest of you sorted - now wouldn't that be good? :D I too hope you had a good night. DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi sue how are you today :?:

Sorry I wasn't in your pocket yesterday I have only just seen your thread.
    :oops:

I am glad that your eyes were ok and that you were given drops and cream. I hope this helps.

Hope your kidney infection is also clearing up, you poor thing

Take care
    Juliepf
  • queenfan
    Options
    Hi Every one
    I had a really good nights sleep last night, golly not slept like that for a long long time (lazy toad me) :oops:
    Julie it doesn't matter you were not with me, I wouldn't have wanted you to have sat there for hours on end, on those awful chairs which make you feel worse than when you arrive at Hospital :lol: I've just received my appointment to see back surgeon which is the 11th Jan I was so glad to see the letter, but I was worried in case it was going to be Christmas time,because I we had arranged to send Christmas with my sister in Spain, I've just got to be careful that it doesn't go all together, which is worrying me when I go over there,I haven't said that to my family thou, My Sister has hired a mobile scooter for when I am over there :oops: she's told my Daughter she's going to put a big horn on the front & get me a crash helmet the little b****r :lol: Thank you all for your support Love & (((()) to you all x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I am so sorry I missed your post, and so glad that your appointment went really well.
    Thank goodness you went your gp with the eye prob, like the others have said, you cant take chances with them
    I hope you are keeping warm
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • queenfan
    Options
    Hi Barbara You didn't have to be with me Bute, Just having your support means a lot to me :wink: I was glad to get out of there :roll: why is the seating area so b****y uncomfortable,I hope you are keeping well,
    Thank you for thinking about me :wink:
    love Sue x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Good news on the appt Sue

so Christmas is on then?!!!!

I wont forget the appt date - it would have been my Dad's birthday so I will be there with you

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's a good thing that your appointment is after Christmas, but take it easy over the festive season: don't drink too much, falling over won't help matters, don't have too many punch-ups with the rellies and keep a score of all that you hit/squash/kill/demolish whilst on the scooter! DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sue

another late poster on your thread. :oops:

I'm glad that you had a good appointment outcome and that your back appointment isn't until January. :wink::D

enjoy your holiday and Cristmas in Spain with your family... no snow.. lucky you! sunshine every day. s020.gif and I hope you are able to put the arther worries to one side while you're there. :!:

hope you're taking lessons in 'scootering'. :lol:
    n050.gif

Iris xxx
  • queenfan
    Options
    Hi Toni we always remember our loved ones don't we it would have been my Dads birthday last Sunday. Yes The Holiday is on 8) Do you want to come on my scooter with me I will need L plates thou :lol:b010.gif DD I will try to behave myself but I'm afraid my sister is mental like me, We will probably have a drink or two after all it is Christmas a056.GIF Dorcas I am so pleased I have my appointment through, I just want to enjoy Christmas now without any hiccups, so intend to rest when I can s030.gif Lets hope the weather is better than last year, it was the first year it rained all holiday, so lets hope it is [ d020.gif all the time xx/color]