had enough

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 1. Dec 2010, 09:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi
went to see gp last night as i have been having tingly hands and feet. Had orgininally phoned the rhuemy but he said go to gp.
Upshot is that I have Raynauds disease in my hands and feet. Not very happy as now have more pills to take! :(
I have just had enough. I am only 29 and now have added this to the list of my complaints! :( when will it stop!
Sorry for the rant, i have had enough!
Gx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't worry about ranting, it's what this place is all about..
    Sorry about the extra diagnosis, I don't know anything about Raynauds?
    Hope that it's treatable or at least controlable for you.

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, I wondered about that. What a blow. On the plus side you know what it is and you have something to help/treat it, on the minus side yes, it is more tablets. I often wonder if it would just be quicker if we went to our GPs and said 'Right, I want everything you have, now, it will save us both a great deal of time. You name it I will swallow/inject/insert as required.' Is your new medication meant to sort the problem out or just relieve symptoms? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    If you cant have a rant on here where else can you
    It really must have been a blow to you
    We all have why me days & we shouldnt feel guilty
    Keep yourself warm & wrap up well If Im correct the cold makes it worse
    I hope the medication will help
    Take care
    Maria x
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    thanks for the replies.
    I have blood pressure tablets to open up the blood vessels. Hopefully. but as with arther it is a gamble on the dose. I dont want to be on more tablets and think the rhuemy knew it was raynauds when i spoke to him :( ! I am thinking of saying to him i want to try the infusion and no more tablets for my RA as i am on suplhasalasaine and hydrochlochric (tried everything else under the sun!). Dont know if its my place to say that???

Gxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I'm sorry you feel so down, this time of year dosn't help. Taking lots of medication is a pain, I have a fair bit and sometimes want to through them away! :roll: It must be uncomfortable for you with the hands and feet. A nerve makes my left hand tingly, just the ring finger and the little finger and a patch on my thigh sometimes. Hope things settle down for you.
    Love Sue
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    hey ive had raynauds since my teens along with other crp
    just keep your hands and feet as warm as poss even when you think its not too cold, sorry to hear you got it on top of other stuff i know exactly how you feel i have OA in hands aswell and i feel like chopping them off!
    hope yours gets sorted . keep warm!

Rose x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

i am sorry you have been told this, i have it as secondary to its cousin but mine was from birth so i don't know any different which i think helps.

the tablets have never really helped me and i get an infusion which they do also use for raynaud's.... might be worth asking about? its done once or twice a year for the raynaud's i think and called iloprost. not very nice but it is very effective and can last a good 6- 9 months i believe or longer maybe depending on how badly the raynaud's is impacting.

its linked to arthritis and at least its dealt with by the rumos and there isn't yet another consultant involved. its a small consolation but less consultants does make it all slightly easier.

i don't know too much about the raynaud's as mine is shadowed big time by the other but keeping warm must be something you have to keep doing flower.... not so easy just now. mind if you get the chilblains as when they rupture its not so good... again Gemma that might be the other one that does that to me.

i know how hard it is to get yet another condition but flower just remember you have had the raynaud's a long time as like as not and you will cope with it. its just going to take you a bit of time to get your head around it all. hang in there flower. [] and stay warm! Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi G

Sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with yet another problem.

I do hope the medication helps ro relieve your symptoms, I can understand you not wanting more pills but if they help it will be worth it.

I hope you soon start to feel better
    Take care and Hugs ((()))

Juliepf x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Gemma

Sorry I can't advise but just wanted to acknowledge your rant. Not nice to get another problem thrown in the pot and I do hope they can treat it for you soon. I leave some warm hugs ((( )))) take care
    Chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    Please dont apologize for ranting, we are all here for one another, I am so sorry you have something else to deal with, hopefully you will get all the help you need.
    And dont forget we are always here for you.
    Sending you lots of very warming hugs (((((((()))))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    My daughter who is 6 has Raynauds. The other day her fingers were blue/white and grey ............. she can be in agony when they are coming back to life.

Thinking of you

Beckie X
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    thanks for the advice
    feeling a bit better but still thinking "why me!" so not totally ok
    having hard time at the moment with the snow and very cold weather!

Gx
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Gemma, Sorry to hear you've got yet another thing to cope with. Look after yourself, and no need to apologise for saying how you feel. That is what the forum is for.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.