Indometacin?

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 26. Nov 2010, 15:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Eventually, I've found a GP that has surprised me and agreed that the meds I've been on for over 2yrs are not working. They were prescribed by a rhuemy-Etodolac and co-dydramol. He's wanting me to try Indometacin and also given me Tramadol. Anyone on this combination? I always thought Tramadol would knock you for six. I'm a bit apprehensive about starting them so any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Magenta xxxxx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Eileen,

lovely to see you :D:D

i haven't a clue about the indometacin but the tramadol really can help and i am lucky the worst its ever done to me is make me feel a bit like i have a hangover in the mornings..... i have mine as needed and if i know i am going to have to push it they help quite a lot....

what ever at least someone has bothered to try and help you flower and for that i am thankful cus its so, so,so, overdue. love and a ton of [[[]]] the beaten up mud soaked swamp thing xxx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Cris,
    Lovely to hear from you too :wink: Hope you are doing ok?
    I'm not great-again! My neck is really bothering me and my jaw constantly dislocates. I'm eager to try new meds but scared too-does that make sense? I'll wait till the weekend I think.
    You always reply to me-thanks,
    take care xxxxxxxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 25. Nov 2010, 18:47
    Options
    hi Eileen,

ah but i often reply rubbish

i sort of know what you mean about new drugs but i also am very good at just taking them cu they might help.... nothing seems to really but they will find something......you have to hope eh?

flower they just don't do enough for you.... have you any help with that jaw? i so wish i had a magic cure in my pocket......

its not right what is happening to you. i know sometimes i feel they just are sat there nodding but watching you rot and doing nothing to help but ...... i am multiple conditioned challenged and knackered but your not!

sending you a hug bucket... you might have seen them but they follow you about and give you hug when you need them. they self fill and of course i answer you flower..... i care.

wish i knew what to say the would help you though. best i can think is bug the hell out of them till they see you! sending you a warm sunny day and a pain free night. love and another [] Cris now cleaned up :wink: xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Eileen,Im on the slow release tramadols & normal tramadols as i need them. Im fine on them, got a bit spaced out at first but i started them at same time as Pregabalins so the reasons between the 2.
    I get the zombie type feeling in the mornings but i put that down to the amtrips.
    Sorry i cant help you with the other med, not heard of it but im sure someone here has.
    Take care, debs
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi eileen

Not on them meds personally

Just wanted to wish you luck with them and hope they work for you

Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi eileen

Very bets of luck with the new meds as you know the tramadol is one I have been on before - you will get used to them just take it steady on them eh?

Glad you are finally getting help.

Love and hugs

toni xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all your kind messages. Starting them tomorrow-will let you know how I get on.
    Eileen xxx