NEUROSURGERY APP

Options
julie47
julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
edited 28. Nov 2010, 12:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I have typed this once dont know where it went :shock:

Hello again everyone, If you remember I had an mri scan on my neck and the rhummy people said thy wanted the neurosurgeons to look at it. Well the dreaded appointment has come through the door.
Thursday 2nd Dec.

I am really nervous bout this appointment and don't really want to go. Will you please keep your fingers crossed that they just suggest more pills.

So my cyber friends I am being greedy and asking for your pocket duties twice next week.

Wed 1st dec for stump
Thurs 2nd for neck :(

Terrified of both apps really as I hate surgery
Thanks for reading this
A scared peeed off
Juliepfx :(

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Will be there with Ra the trusty vicious lion cat at the ready for anyone who tries to do something you don't like..n035.gif

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Julie

These hospital appointments always make me nervous. They are there to help you so try not to worry too much. Will keep my fingers crossed that things go well for you. Is someone going with you? I normally take my husband or son along with me and this helps enormously.

Regards
    Sharmaine
  • julie47
    Options
    Thanks tony and sharmaine

yes my husband is going to both apps with me.
    He is taking the day off for neuro because it is an 11 oclock app
    the leg is 9.30 so can take an hour or so off without using hol for that one.

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Of course we will be with you, two daunting things like that? You can take it as read, julie. Fret about them next week - put all those niggly thoughts to one side and enjoy your week-end. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Julie
    I will be pleased to do pocket duty, try and not worry....I know..hopefully like you say something other then surgical....maybe phisio.
    Any way I hope your appointments go really well for you.
    You keep warm and take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    We'l be there Julie

no worries.....

one foot in Bubs poocket and one in yours....be ok as long as you both go steady i think :wink:

lOVE

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Be with you Julie, of course! :D
    we wouldn't let you go to see the neuro whatsit with just Maurice for company. :wink::lol:

Try not to let it worry you too much Julie... I know, easier said than done. :roll: but hopefully it won't be as scary as you think and he'll be able to tell you what he can do to ease the pain you've been having.

love and (((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Julie

Oh poor love. I am reporting for pocket duty and leaving some extra strength courage for both. (((( ))))
    Hope things go well for you and that they are not a scary as you imagine.
    Hang in there, we are with you.
    Chris
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I know how you feel about being nervous, its the not knowing what will happen and how things will go and letting your imagination convince you that its really bad. Well, those are my feelings, of course we are all different, but fear is horrible. I will tthink of you and hope all goes well. At least your getting some treatment now and not being ignored and its important to get something done quickly, as you know. I wish i could think of something wise and helpful to say, but I can't so I'll just send my love and think of you. LOve Sue xxx ))))((((()))))
  • julie47
    Options
    afternoon

sue,chris7 iris toni barbara12 and dd

thankyou for your support and kind words. I am keeping you busy arent I.

Hope you all ave a lovely week end.

and Hey its nearly time for xmas decorations yipee

juliepf x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    Well a very busy and high tension week for you. I am so glad that your husband will be with you. Fingers are firmly crossed for you.
    Hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Julie

I thought I had posted a message on this thread - but can't see it - so perhaps I didn't hit the 'submit' button !!

Just to say you try and think of nice things this weekend and let me do your worrying for you - I can worry for England!!

I hope your leg is a bit better today..

Take care.

Marion xx
  • julie47
    Options
    Thankyou ironic and marion,

Ironic thank you for crossing your fingers but don't let it get uncomfortable :)

marion thank you for offerin to take my worries that was so kind.

I had a lovely meal with the family last night, mum and dads 50th anniversary and today i have been to choose my hat for our daughters wedding in april, i already have my outfit and the hat will be ready in the midle of jan. So today I am not worrying abut the two app next week.

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm
    Take care everybody

Juliepf x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Julie :D

so glad you had a good night out with your folks... golden wedding celebration.. how lovely :!:

I love weddings too. what colour is your wedding outfit/ hat ? April is such a nice time with spring firmly under-way and promises of summer yet to come. :wink: I guess all the wedding plans are firmly in place now. :!:

My niece Lucy was married in South Africa on 5th November... I wasn't able to travel out to be with them all, but so enjoyed seeing their beautiful wedding pics.

Hope you have a lovely weekend Julie..

Iris xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    Count me in for pocket duties on Wed.......my pocket dwellers should hae hopped out by then {from Mon LOL}
    Lopve
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    HI Julie, wishing you lots of luck for both appointments - bit of a heavy week, hey?

Hope MRI indicates non-surgical intervention as being the most appopriate, however whatever they say - your cyber friends will be right behind you.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • julie47
    Options
    Morning everyone, looks beautiful out there but freezing

Thankyou iris hileena and speedy you are all kind to be with me.

iris i have answered you on your post about outfit so wont repeat myself.

Hope everyone is keeping warm
    sending hugs to you all ((((((((((())))))))))

Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning my lovely pf, I hope you are well today. It does look cold outside, we have what looks like little polystyrene balls all over the lawn, plants and roofs - I think it's some form of snow that fell in the night, but the lumps are circular! I shall be venturing out shortly, I need some fresh air! I hope you are enjoying your day - I am a footie widow, Mr DD has gone to Norwich for the local derby match, I think it's on the telly later so I promised him I would watch. :roll: He promised he would wave so I hope I spot him! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Hope you are not too worried today. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed last night, it sounds like a fantastic family do. Congratulations to your Mum and Dad for making it to 50 years! Also, to your daughter and her intended for their wedding in the spring. It must have been fun choosing a hat, I hope you found something you really like. I wasn't going to wear a hat for my goddaughters wedding in August, but found a smallish 'fasinator' which clips in the hair and was just the right colour and half price in the sale! I was glad I did, as she had seated us at the front of the catheadral, as I'm her Godmother and all of the women had hats and fasinators I would have felt underdressed it I hadn't! :D

Keeping busy, as long as its not too busy, does help. Its helping me at the moment. Lots of love Sue. xxx
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi there dd and sue

Hey dd tuned into ipswich and norwich match for 5 mins and i reckon i saw your mr dd waving frantically at you :lol:
    Hope you had a good day and kept warm, and hope that mr dd took a flask.
    Trying its best to snow here.

Hi sue, yep trying not to worry, yesterday definately kept me occupied. The hat will be fab, and pick it up in january.
    Lisa and charlie are getting married in a little village church with only 65 guests. The venue is very nice with some beautiful grounds though. There will be about 130 guests at the evening venue.
    A cathedral eh ? I bet that was beautiful. Have you seen the photos yet? I know they can take a while to be put together.

I am really loking forward to it and will have to run on pure adrenaline as i am sure you did.

everyone take care
    juliepf x