Tunes That Remind You Of Someone/Something

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 27. Nov 2010, 15:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
HI All

Okay starting this one as i got thinking..Afraid mine are not for good experiences but hey it may be entertaining to you lot.....

Living On The Ceiling - Talking Head - an irish girl i dated used to take Berrocca, we split up as she got on me nerves so when i see advert turn it off....
So Young - The Corrs - reminds me of a weird irish manager i worked for...(i promise im not anti irish)
Bohemian Like Me - Dandy Warhols - MU used it for advertisiing and thats not good with me
Anything By Runrig - when me brother in law gets pissed he has it on replay....
Purple Heather - Rod Stewart - again when me mum gets melacholy its on repeat full blast and Im accused of being unpatriotic!!!

Oh dear, tell me yours till i feel less guilty...

Elainex

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dance the Night Away (Mavericks) my 40th birthday treat, saw them at the Royal Albert Hall.

Any song by Anita Baker - the early years with Mr DD.

I Remember by Deadmau - just pure, undiluted bliss.

Red Skies by Chicane - being on Mersea Island, watching the dawn over the estuary.

Where Love Lives by Alison Limerick - the last time I danced, Ferbruary 2004.

I Love you More by the Sawdoctors - camping in Southwold and falling thro a deck chair. Laugh? I thought my leg would never dry! August Bank Holiday, 2000.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Here goes:

Sad ones really..
    Pearl's a singer and It must be love by Madness, they were mine and mi best mate's favourite songs when we were about 13, he was killed riding a motorbike with no helmet on.. 14yrs old..

Aka Bilk, Stranger on the shore, mi Dad used to play it on clarinet, Died in 1995 of the big C

Michael Jackson, I just can't stop loving you, came out around the time we got wed, Aug '87.. Good times.. Also Jackie Wilson, Reet Petite, claymation video was on telly all the time.. :D

Puff Diddy/Daddy Paddy wack/whatever his name is, the atrocity that is, I'll be missing you, reminds me of my good friend Shane, OD'd early 1997

Queen, Days of our lives, reminds me of my FIL, was one of his faves, he died a yr ago Aug, big bloody C again..

C'mon Tony, think of some happy ones, lol...

Altered Images, Happy Birthday, good memories of being a kiddie punk, hanging around YTV getting Claire Grogan's autograph, being kissed on the cheek by her and told I was cute.. Lol

The Foundations, Build me up buttercup, it just brings a smile to my face, cos it's mi Uncle Ernie's favourite song, he wolk up from major surgery to remove cancer and half his stomach and started singing it to the surgeon!! Legend

Led Zeppelin, many happy memories... That's all your getting with that, lol..

Tony :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Haha, good timing, build me up buttercup is playing on the radio right now, also reminds me of Something about Mary, one of mi favourite films...
    Baby, just to let me down, ...
    I need you, more than anyone darling, you know that I have from the start....

Excellent, can't help but want to join in..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Ha those made me laugh and its funny you saying how you can remember last time you danced...I think mine was my nephew's wedding October 3rd 2008......I was like walking wounded next day...
    Will have to look up Deamau track but i will educate meself....

Sounds good the Chicance one and the estuary sounds lovely!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Aw Tony

See i thought mine was sad but yours are a good sad...I supose im lucky that i dont know too many friends who have died so count me blessings..
    I also love the fact you have an uncle ernie (you got an uncle bert too.....Muppets)......And of course the tunes for you and your better half figures....

Funny ones from teenage years and youthful years....

Nelly The Elephant...Ha, bad dancing....
    Baggy Trousers - Madness - school tune
    Too Shy - Kajagoogoo - first band i liked as a teen
    Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye - god fiirst b/f......Blushing!!

Better quit now before more bad ones...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Aw i love the Beatles....and quite liked the version Fyfe Dangerfield did of BJ's song..

Elainex
    Hey Jude , just love it cos I do. and Shes always a women.(Billy Joel ) because the words make sense to me anyway :lol::)
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    You're georgeous rerminds me of Sainsbury our lovely Collie Cross dog who was born two doors up the road and brightened our lives for 15 years I always used to sing it to him when I petted him Stillcan't hear it without a tear :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    The Barbie record always reminds me of my daughter, she hated the record and once had a tantrum when we were out - she lay on the dance floor kicking and screaming literally 'cos they played it 3 times running.

Well, she was only 20-something at the time!

Annie
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    God that reminds me of going out getting drunk....

Elainex
    tonesp wrote:
    You're georgeous rerminds me of Sainsbury our lovely Collie Cross dog who was born two doors up the road and brightened our lives for 15 years I always used to sing it to him when I petted him Stillcan't hear it without a tear :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    One reason I like Ummm Bop (Hansen) is because my husband had run off with a Finnish Au pair (true)and it was a song my 2 girls and I sang on way to-and-from school and they were always smiling when it was played.It was nic to see them smile and I always remember those times when it is played.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Options
    That's terrible Elizabeth, them I'm definitely not going to laugh at you liking it any more.. :D Tony
    tkachev wrote:
    One reason I like Ummm Bop (Hansen) is because my husband had run off with a Finnish Au pair (true)and it was a song my 2 girls and I sang on way to-and-from school and they were always smiling when it was played.It was nic to see them smile and I always remember those times when it is played.

Elizabeth
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thanx Tony but it was the best thing really as have had a great life since despite the obvious difficulties with R.A.

It always makes me smile and so I am off to You Tube to have a listen now.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Oh God!!

But sounds like you found out the hard way that youre better off without him!!! Creep!!!
    Glad you can look back at it and find a good reason though..

Elainex
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    hey tkachev or Elizabeth,I had similar situ,I always played Queen's I got to break free!! and I did,best thing I ever did!!never trusted another man since,well not to the extent of marriage anyway,use them and lose them,not now too old and can't be bothered anyway.Mirabella
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Right here we go ..............

Start with a few sad songs .......

Meatloaf - Give Me The Future With a Modern Girl. My ex was a big fan and he loved this song. He was killed in Northern Ireland when I was just 18 and he was 20.
    Take That - Rule The World. My friends little boy who had the same genetic condition as my daughter had, passed away in 2008 and this was played at his funeral .
    Oasis - Live Forever - Played at my friends funeral last month

RIGHT, now lets move on

Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer. Seeing them up close and personal at the beginning of the month. Only time I have ever won anything,
    Guns N Roses - Paradise City. Its on the Anchor ad on TV with the cows. My friend milks cows so reminds me of her
    The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony. Being on the Catamaran sailing around Gran Canaria

Love Beckie X
  • tjt6768
    Options
    never trusted another man since,well not to the extent of marriage anyway,use them and lose them,not now too old and can't be bothered anyway.Mirabella[/quote]
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    only sixteen first proper boy friend
    uptown girl down town boy friend
    teddy bears last ride being a teenager