THR 19th november

Options
lola9755
lola9755 Member Posts: 39
edited 27. Nov 2010, 16:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, had my right THR done with spinal block last friday..........and everthing has gone really well!! Was discharged from hospital on 23rd with one stick, the pain had gone from the hip but you would think I'd been in a traffic accident, Im stiff and bruised from hip to ankle but know it will get better, seem to be managing okay!!!
SO Far SO good!!
tricia xx

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tricia
    Good to see you are home after your THR. The bruising and swelling are quite extensive at first after the op, but as long as you rest regularly and elevate your foot/leg it will go down .
    I hope you are not finding things too difficult, eg sleeping. It si good to have got rid of the awful preop pain though , isn`t it?!! :D
    Take care, and don`t do too much tooo soon.xx
    NB
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tricia

glad you are home and the op went well.

you will have to rest now and take things easy for a while i guess

take care
    juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tricia
    That is brilliant news, wow you have done well, now you be careful and dont go overdoing things.
    Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi tricia :D

Well done you, must be such a relief to be home. Thanks for letting us know and hope all goes well for you. take it easy but keep in touch when you can.
    Chris
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's nice to hear some good news! Do the exercises but do them gently, also rest as much as you can, it is a major op and you are already feeling the benefit so don't undo the good work by going off to play football! Keep off the any icy paths too! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Well done Tricia

Sounds as though you have done amazingly well :shock: .

you take it steady now though won't you?

Love

toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Wonderful news Tricia. :!: I'm amazed at your progress :D

glad it all went so smoothly and that you're back home. :wink:

don't go dancing the light fantastic now... :lol: and I hope you've got plenty of 'helpers' around to look after and spoil you. :wink:

keep us posted as to your progress.

Iris xxxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    I'm so pleased everything went well Tricia. I had my hip done in May this year and my only regret is that I didn't have it done 12 months sooner!

You are doing so well to only have one stick. I needed 2 crutches for about 5 weeks adn then went on to using just one for many weeks after that.

I had a lot of swelling in my 'operated leg' so I needed to rest on the bed with my legs raised on pillows several times a day..

Let us know how things progress with you..

Marion x
  • lola9755
    lola9755 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    thanks for all your good wishes
    I have a very swollen knee and ankle which I have to rest couple of times a day............... Didnt think I would manage to sleep on my back but not tooo bad!!
    Just going to take things easy and relax and just recover.
    My first grandson arrived on thursday evening!!! Jacob Andrew :(:D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh congratulations! I hope mother and babe are both OK, and you too. Keep resting, it is the best thing to do, that will help the swelling go down. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations on your first Grandson and your new hip all in a week. I am so pleased it is all over and done with. Now do take it easy- I did far too much after my op but everyone was so glad to have me home they went straight back to their dependency routine. I am really pleased for you,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Well done that person!!!!!!!!! I am now 9 weeks on and feeling great Make sure you do your physio to build up your muscles I had some good advice abot getting up and down steps The Good go up to heaven and the bad go down to hell 8) 8) 8) 8) Having had the spinal block didn't ya just love the sound of the hammer and chisel and the Black and Decker
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Lola, so pleased your op went so well. Sounds like you are doing really well using just one stick. It is such a relief to be rid of the deep bone pain, isn't it. Elevate your leg plenty to help with the swelling - a row of pillows tucked under (and sticking out a little so they don't move/disappear) the foot of the mattress will help too. Do you have physio exercises to do? Keep us posted with your rehab.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.