The Lost Dog...reported to RSPCA

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 28. Nov 2010, 13:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
This is a story of the Husky that was wandering around last week end. It had got out from its owners property on the Friday (after getting out on the Thursday and being returned by a person who had caught her). We managed to get her into out back garden then left the back door open for her to come in. You could see her rib cage and it looked to me like she was under weight.
To cut a long story short the dog warden picked the dog up and took her to the kennels. I rang the kennels on Monday to find out that the dog had been in before and the owner would turn up to pick her up.. He has a lot of Husky's not sure how many but i can hear them and it sounds like a pack...never seen them out, walked or run?
Sat and thought about it all week...how could someone have an expensive dog, not feed her properly, not go looking for her when she got out, (know the answer to that now...wait for the dog warden to ring) not have her chipped or make sure your garden is secure to keep her in and safe?????
So i phoned the people who owned the property to find out that they are not allowed to have any more than two dogs in the property and they are sending someone out to check whet is going on. Also sending a letter to inform them they will have to get rid of the dogs.
Then phoned the RSPCA and informed them....the dogs cannot speak for themselves and so i have done this for them. God i sound like a busy bozie but this whole event has really upset me. I really hope that the dogs are not being mistreated but doubt it.

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lupin dont panic stand up and be proud of what you are doing there is far to much cruelty goes un reported , hopefully the dog will find a happy home xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    They're probably running a breeding farm (no, not a chinese impersonation of bleeding farm, lol) there, there are a lot of those kind of cases being reported lately...
    Huskys need to expend a lot of energy, and therfore should be excersised regularly and allowed to eat plenty too..
    Think you've definately done the right thing there Lupin...

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Just picked this up,so pleased to hear you rescued this Husky :) they are being dumped it seems big time right now! lord knows why,feel its because they are energetic,need lots of excersise,especially when weather gets colder,it's what they were bred for,so many thanks for your kindness.I devote a lot of time to dogs,so always interested.I used to rehome lots of dogs,my last was a rottie puppy,and she is just in the best home.I will be goingto see her soon.Mirabella
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Oh Lupin

dont feel bad about doing it - you did the right thing. ( I found the rspca unhelpful when I reported a cat who i was worried about, but that's another story).

The upside is that they will help that poor dog :( If they leave her - if she keeps getting out the wardens start to charge the owner in the end - which will hit them where it hurts eh?!

You did the right thing.

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lupin
    You are lovely standing up for the dogs, If people like you didnt speak up, then these poor dogs would just be left to suffer.
    Good on you
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Just hope the RSPCA does not take too long to get around there.... I do understand that they are very busy but fingers crossed it will not take that long. Will keep you upto date. Must admit they have been very quiet over the past few days......the dogs that is.