I have a follow up appt with the rheumatologist...

Options
princesskatie
princesskatie Member Posts: 15
edited 28. Nov 2010, 13:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
in 3 weeks.

At my first appt with the hospital consultant in September the blood tests didn't show up anything. Now that it's cold my itchy sore joints and tiredness are getting worse again but I'm worried they will think I'm a hyperchondriac if nothing shows up again. :(

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Princess
    I have OA, and when I first came on the forum I was feeling like you, but with the help of these lovely people, I got the courage up to go back to my gp, I am still having blood test, some show slight raises others dont show anything.
    So don't feel like a hypercondriac you are not, what you are doing is worrying has to what is wrong and that is normal.
    I do wish you well, and hope you get the right help very soon
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    in 3 weeks.

At my first appt with the hospital consultant in September the blood tests didn't show up anything. Now that it's cold my itchy sore joints and tiredness are getting worse again but I'm worried they will think I'm a hyperchondriac if nothing shows up again. :(

this how i felt the first couple of times did not take anyone with me second time as had got it in to my head that they were going to say it was in my head but they did not they looked at me and listened and gave me medication that worked a year on things are 70% better not the same swelling or constant pain i have oa and inflimation arther but when go to rhummy no swelling shows sods law so do not give up not all arther shows in bloods they exhaustion stiffness ect are signs they look at not just bloods good luck tell them every thing not just what you think part of it val
    val
  • princesskatie
    princesskatie Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you xoxo
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi there

Just popping in to wish you luck at your rheummy app.
    Dont be daft they wont think you are a hypochondriac.

Hopefully they will give you meds to help ease your pain

Hugs (((((((()))))))

Juliepf x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi katie?

good luck with your appointment and don't be phased if the blood tests come back negative. :!:
    some of the arthers are what's called 'sero-negative' which means they don't have a positive rheumatoid factor and it can take quite a long time to get a diagnosis and involve other tests and x rays. :roll:

It will help your rheummy if you can give a clear account to him of what symptoms you have (pain, redness, swelling, loss of function, stiffness in joints etc) as that helps with pin pointing the type of arther you have.

let us know how your appointment goes!

iris xxx
  • laura
    laura Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Please don't give up....i gave up 4 years ago when i was told that i had hypermobile joints and i was discharged by the hospital and now I have bone erosions in my hands. I am not giving up this time!!

You know your body better than anyone and if you feel something is wrong then you owe it to yourself to push for a diagnosis.

Everyone here knows you're not a hyperchondriac but I know sometimes it's easy to feel that you are.

Hope all goes well for you at your appointment
    Laura xx