Oh dear - we lost.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Nov 2010, 15:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am awaiting the arrival of a small, glum man, who is currently driving home from Narrrch (as they say up here) in a depressed state. He went to the local derby game and ITFC lost, a crashing 4-1 defeat. I will do my very best not to say 'It's only a game' and/or 'The best team won.' but it will be struggle because it is and they did. Ho-hum. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh , dear , DD , really sympathise my other half is a charlton athletic supporter and tends to suffer despair most weeks when they play . I learnt about 40 years ago that it's far more than just a game - it's real life ! Tea , crumpets and loving thoughts tend to help ! ! Jilly
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    it is not only a game it a matter of life and death you should know that by now and a derby of all things he can not go to work tomorrow if his team lost the shame of it all :(:(:(
    val
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuffed......................good and proper.......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Rob, stuffed they were, and played like a bunch of turkeys to boot.

valval: I think he suspected something of the sort might happen as he is working at home tomorrow. He is adding salt to the wound, however, by studying the tables on ceefax or whatever the red-button equivalent is (while I am trying to watch the tennis - marital discord is beckoning!)

jilly - he's hit the beer. Me too - 'cept in my case it's white wine - I did the beer earlier! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Try living herfte DD iam a lifelong supporter of Manchester United.The current Mrs TonesP is a lifelong supporter of Liverpool Our house makes North and South Korea look like a playground pushing match :roll: :roll: :roll: