Whoopie a day off work. Love snowy days

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 1. Dec 2010, 05:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Got up this morning...put my layers on to walk the dog. Called the dog..several times to come downstairs....he ignored me, so blackmailed him with biscuits. Hiked through the snow for 1 hour returned home covered in snow. The blanket of snow everywhere was just breath taking. Then the phone rang....school closed today. Result extra day off work. Now going to use it for sledging and sorting out xmas bits. Umm wonder whether i will be at work tomorrow?

Comments

• lupin15
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    Got up this morning...put my layers on to walk the dog. Called the dog..several times to come downstairs....he ignored me, so blackmailed him with biscuits. Hiked through the snow for 1 hour returned home covered in snow. The blanket of snow everywhere was just breath taking. Then the phone rang....school closed today. Result extra day off work. Now going to use it for sledging and sorting out xmas bits. Umm wonder whether i will be at work tomorrow?
    Good morning Lupin work tomorrow??????? no get sledging you could always through a sickie....shus h we wont tell............Hey wheres our snow gone???????? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Tinkerbelle
    We have got it. It has not stopped snowing since i got up this morning at 6am...at this rate we will be snowed in??? Ah shame at least this gives me time to do stuff that i do not normally have time to do. Having leisurely morning..soak in the bath (i have cleaned the toilet and bathroom) eaten a bacon sandwitch now drying my hair. After that it is the front room....could be gone some time folks....
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lupin
    I so love reading your post, you are so positive, and in a way you remind me of myself, I to love the snow, I am 60 but feel like 10 again when I see the snow.
    Trouble is reality hits, and I cant get out in it, but love watching the kids.
    You have a lovely day, and hopefully another one tomorrow.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I can appreciate the fun of it for you and the dog, but what message does this send the young of today? There's a couple of inches on the ground, so don't make any effort to get in. In the depths of last winter Mr DD managed to drive to work, as per usual - as a grown up that's what you do. His journey took much longer, but as a grown up that's what you do. His youngish secretary, who lives 3/4 of a mile from the office couldn't make it, as she couldn't drive in the snow. Neither could she catch a bus (they were running) or walk, in case she fell over. Diddums. Pathetic. This country grinds to a halt with snow levels that are comical in their lack of depth. What a bunch of wusses we are nowadays! We are due some heavy-ish snow tomorrow, and I have to go for my meth stabbing. Someone had better bl**dy be there to do it - if I can get in, so can they. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    well lupin looks like you got your snow then :)

we have it here too :(
    i do like it but i daren't venture out frightened of falling.

you take care
    and have fun

juliepf x
  • lupin15
    Options
    Have another snowy day folks...off work again. Must admit it is looking a lot better outside now then did it at 6.25am. Blizzard etc, now have brilliant sunshine....wonder how long that will last?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Don't overdo it with the dog! Take care of yourself, please, lupin15. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lupin15
    Options
    Hubby has cooked me a full english.....yum. Going to write out xmas cards today a dimble around the house doing stuff. Maybe do some baking..