Postal Scam - so I've heard

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 29. Nov 2010, 18:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All,

I received this email this morning and thought you ought to be aware - it could be a hoax but best be safe than sorry. I've read the Forum Rules and don't think it breaks any.

Postal Scam:

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655 .

For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I guess you should let your phone company know too. There maybe a few peeps caught out by this. £315 for one call...how do they get away with it????

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Like Del says this has been around a while, trouble is at this time of the year, people are expecting parcels, so please warn anyone you know.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    :shock: :x Tis the season of goodwill ! :shock: :x

Indeed! how do they get away with it!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    There's profesional gangs working loads of scams these day's you need wing to stay above them all, latest one I came across is the cash back scam, the numpty on the till pushes the cash back button but the don't tell you they pocket the diference and the person behind you in the line is given the extra money to pocket, always check the amount.
    Another one I have seen on TV is pikies who try and sell you a lap top in a bag,they let you look at it then got back to their van then hand you another bag with a weight inside,bottom line is if it sounds iffy it probably is, I have had the parcel scam done on my mobile,I delete the txt as I knew I wasn't expecting a parcel but if you reply you get your credit wiped out, also I had a txt from a number saying will you go out with me?, again a credit scam.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    So that's why you ignored my text?? :shock: Well that's the last time I try sexting with you my lad :lol::lol:also I had a txt from a number saying will you go out with me?, again a credit scam.[/quote]
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP