Pocket Duty for Annie

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 30. Nov 2010, 18:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right off we go again, another adventure. Annie has a hossy appointment so it is Pocket Duty again

I will have my sarnies and jammy dodgers and a flask of hot chocci. Val have you got the hats ready. I have a note pad can you bing a pencil?? I have memory foam cushions

Should I bring my brolly Val incase it rains????

Trish xxx

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ive got chocolate, need to keep energy levels up and some blankets. good luck annie i will try not to fidget to much in your pocket. xxxxxx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment
    Ive got a hot water bottle to keep you warm
    Hope this weather is not too bad near you
    Keep warm & safe
    Maria x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    i am with you in spirit hope it goes well xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    good luck annie

hope appointment goes well

i am here with warm blankets and hip flask

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thinking of you annie, I have a shovel in case we need to dig ourselves out of a snow drift. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I will be in pocket duties...Annie I will bring your jellied heels..and some brandy to wash then down..purely medicinal :D
    Good Luck with the appointment...hope it all goes well for you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'll be there too, hoping it goes well..

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Sorry....

am I too late?

I am here running really fast in me snow boots....

wait! wait!!

Love

toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Thanks, lots of thanks to all my pocket buddies. Did you enjoy it when he saw my foot, did a double-take and then asked if he could bring in the other staff? None of them had seen anything like it before, we are famous!

I am a little disappointed, but not much; I pretty well expected to happen what did happen.

Because I have chronic tendonitis of the Achilles tendon and the inflammation and swelling is worst at the point of insertion on the heel, I cannot wear shoes with backs - they hit the tendon in exactly the wrong place and any movement is excruciatingly painful. Because I can't wear shoes, they can't help with insoles, etc for the other bits and pieces which are playing up. A no-win situation. In his opinion the tendonitis is secondary to the arthritic conditions which I have (which again only confirms what I thought).

I have been referred on to physio and to the orthopaedic lot (again), but I expect to have to wait some time before those appointments come through.

He was a lovely doctor, an absolute sweetie and I'm sorry I won't be seeing him again. He did look at the shoes I took in and has suggested a way of 'vandalising' them which might mean I could wear them.

So that's it.........I'm off to vandalise a rather expensive pair of shoes.

Thanks to all you luvverly people again..........he did keep looking curiously at my handbag as it kept squeaking!

And thanks Trish - you always look after me, you lovely person!

Annie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Oh Annie

I am so sorry about the wriggling in there :oops: It can get quite warm and with all the goodies to share round.....

Glad he was nice dr, but such a shame nothing can be done to help....I would vandalise the shoes or 'customise' them otherwise you will get chilblains to add to the list!!

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry about the squeaking Annie, that was me, my speedos were chafing! :shock: :oops:

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    OH Annie

so sorry I didn't see this earlier :oops: :oops: I fell asleep before I got on the forum last night, and well today has been one of those days.

sorry they couldn't sort things for you any better. HOpe they might yet have second thoughts and come up with a plan for you!

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Annie, ive only just seen this too, sorry :oops:
    Sorry they cant do any more but at least theyve refered you on.
    Ive got the same with my feeties & its not fair as we need them (I'd like to chop mine off most days)But i can wear boots & trainers, not for long though.
    Take care
    debs