Heya

Options
Maori
Maori Member Posts: 17
edited 4. Dec 2010, 13:44 in Say Hello Archive
Hiya All

ok so a little bit about me i'am a 40 somethin single dad with RA and the docs have got me on so many pills i feel like a walking pharmacy :lol:

and to be honest i get really fed up with the pain and tiredness i have and find it really hard to discuss my pain with the doc especially the pain in my hands and knees and never know how to put it across to the doc without sounding silly or a whinbag

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Evening Moari, hope you're ok and welcome to the forum..

For advise etc, the LWA section is the best, people with every type of arthur known to man, all willing and able to help..

For a bit of fun there's the chit-chat section, hope to see you around posting..

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Welcome Maori

I am a fellow RA sufferer, had it for 15 years, and yes I rattle too with all the pills!

You will get a lot of support from other people, they are very nice, I have found the forum to be a lifeline, as the family and friends don't really get how it is for us so to speak to others who know exactly how you're feeling.

Hope to see you around

Janie
  • Maori
    Options
    Thanks for the replyies peeps

looks like i finnaly found a place that i can relate to and peeps that know just how it feels :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning maori, it's nice to meet you. I have PA (like RA but with the added bonus of flaky skin) and I too rattle - and am also repeatedly stabbed with needles. It's a great life - not. As tjt said, LWA is the medica/treatment bit, chitchat is more light-hearted. LWA is the place to go for a moan and a whinge - we do understand about the tiredness etc, you will always have an empathetic audience on that front! I hope today isn't going too badly for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Maori
    Options
    Morning dreamdaisy

yeah today is a relativly good day only took an hour for the stiffness to subside and was able to make my cuppa oh deep joy now just working up the energy to get to the shop lol
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooooh, envious - I never really free up at all! I hope you made it out without falling over! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Maori
    A very warm welcome from me, I have OA, but I totally understand what you mean about getting across to your GP the amount of pain you are in, its not easy.
    One thing you will learn off here is to not give up, but persevere till you get the treatment you deserve.
    They are a good lot on here to talk to, and come up with all soughts of answers.
    So I hope you stay with us.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Maori
    Options
    hiya barbara12

Thanks for the welcome sure is nice to meet some fellow sufferers one thing that bugs me about the GP is i try and expalin the tiredness and she just says eat more red meat lol i guess she thinks i'am iron defeciant :mrgreen:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Maori wrote:
    hiya barbara12

Thanks for the welcome sure is nice to meet some fellow sufferers one thing that bugs me about the GP is i try and expalin the tiredness and she just says eat more red meat lol i guess she thinks i'am iron defeciant :mrgreen:
    I had such a battle with my gp I ended up getting a new one...after being pushed by everyone on the forum, don't you feel stupid going in all prepared with what you want to say, then it doesn't come out right.
    You come and post on LWA there are lots with RA, the support is what makes this forum so good.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Maori and welcome from me too.

I'm so sorry you are finding things such a struggle but you are in good company here on the forum and hopefully being a member of the forum will help you to feel less alone with it all.

Look forward to seeing you posting.

Tilly x (a fellow forty-something rattling with all the pills RA'er)