Another Newbie

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 21. Dec 2010, 10:26 in Say Hello Archive
This is my first posting!

I'm a 63 year old newbie from Kent.My interests are genealogy and archaeology (going on 'digs' in true 'Time Team' fashion).

I was diagnosed with RA several years ago,but fortunately Methotrexate (and occasional Diclofenac) has given good control of this.At the beginning of this year I developed OA in my ankle and this frustratingly has curtailed a lot of my activities.

I would be interested if any Forum members have a similar problem with ankle OA and what steps have been taken (especially any experience of arthoscopy or arthrodesis and the outcome).I'm still waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon.

Regards
Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning prefabkid47, and welcome to the forum. I am sorry, I cannot help in anyway (I have the wrong sort of arthritis) but if you post again on LWA (living with arthritis) you may well get some replies: more people tend to hang around on that forum, and there are quite a few with both OA and RA (tho not necessarily in the same joints as you). sturge08 has posted again on there, recently, about some sort of ankle injection he has for his OA, so that might be of interest to you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Ron and welcome to the forum from me too.

I am so pleased that mtx has your RA under control but I can see why, having got the RA under control, having the OA affecting your activities is very frustrating for you.

I know that alot of forum members have OA so I am sure that if you post on LWA as suggested by DD, you will get some useful replies.

I hope you do't have to wait too long to see the orth surgeon.

Tilly x
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Morning prefabkid47, and welcome to the forum. I am sorry, I cannot help in anyway (I have the wrong sort of arthritis) but if you post again on LWA (living with arthritis) you may well get some replies: more people tend to hang around on that forum, and there are quite a few with both OA and RA (tho not necessarily in the same joints as you). sturge08 has posted again on there, recently, about some sort of ankle injection he has for his OA, so that might be of interest to you. I wish you well. DD

Hi DD
    Many thanks for the welcome.! will gather my thoughts and post again on the LWA forum.When you look at other peoples experiences you realise you're not alone!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hello Ron and welcome to the forum from me too.

I am so pleased that mtx has your RA under control but I can see why, having got the RA under control, having the OA affecting your activities is very frustrating for you.

I know that alot of forum members have OA so I am sure that if you post on LWA as suggested by DD, you will get some useful replies.

I hope you do't have to wait too long to see the orth surgeon.

Tilly x

Hi Tilly
    Thanks for the welcome.I will post again on LWA as suggested by DD.I'm still trying to find my way around the site.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello again Ron!

Look forward to seeing you posting on LWA. You will soon get used to what's what on the forum I'm sure!

Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi ron

I am sure I have met you on LWA, but I would like to formally welcome you too.

Nice to meet you - your life sounds really interesting.

Love

Toni xx