Hello there!

Options
SaitenMar
SaitenMar Member Posts: 24
edited 10. Jan 2011, 15:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone, I'm Joseph and I thought it kind to introduce myself.

I'm 22, and have been living with Rheumatoid Arthritis for many many years now. Having grown up with 'growing pains' in my legs since I can remember, it wasn't till I was 11 that I was diagnosed at Birmingham's Children's Hospital with Juvenile Arthritis. I've been given gold injections and steroids for the condition and while they've both worked in controlling the condition, it sadly hasn't stop it being an absolute nightmare to live with. I currently suffer badly in both me knees (which affect both legs as a whole), right ankle and right elbow.

It's easy to feel alone and lost when you have any form of arthritis, especially when your young. It's only recently that a psychologist I see as recommended I seek out forums such as these to discuss living with the condition. I don't handle the chronic pain at all well, and mentally struggle with everything. So I'm hoping that discussing matters will help me.

I won't make this intro to long, it'll start to become boring to both write and read. :wink: But I'm looking forward to taking part in the forums and interacting with fellow sufferers.

Thanks.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good afternoon Joseph, welcome to the forum, I am sure that you will find it both helpful and friendly, there is a young person's section too... Alas, I no longer qualify at a mighty 42 yrs old, lol....
    The living with section is great for advice etc and chit chat is a lighter place to have a bit of banter etc... There's a virtuall cafe, feel free to call in but make sure you wipe your feet first, Val runs a tight ship! :lol:

Tony :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I did a reply, I did, and it vanished into the ether - grrrrrrrrrrrr - I am so not in the mood for that today! Welcome to our merry little band and I am sorry that you had to find us. We are a wise and knowledgeable bunch on here, LWA is the place to post meds questions etc, the rest of the forums are fairly self-explanatory. We do have some younger people about your age who post occasionally, the young persons forum is a fairly quiet one, it seems to be more for the parents of very young ones, but you can try your luck - you never know! I hope you have had a reasonable day today and that things are not too bad on the pain front: believe you me, I empathise with that. It's not easy sometimes, is it? See you around, I hope! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too.

Hopefully, by joining the forum, you will feel less alone and you will be made very welcome.

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi saitenmar

good to meet you and apologoes not to have done so more quickly, but life has been rather hectic for me.

It is very hard to live with any long-term condition and if it hit you as child, not to be angry at things it has stopped you from doing or enjoying as much as other kids.

However this is certainly the place to come to chare your expereiences and get tips form other in similar postions.

Either on the living with arthritis forum or the young persons as you are young - you wilol be welcomed on any of them :))

Love

toni xx
  • SaitenMar
    SaitenMar Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind welcomes, they are very much appreciated. :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to see you back! How are things for you at the moment? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hi , Joseph , hope you're having a reasonable day today . I know it's rather belated but welcome to the forum . I was diagnosed at 25 and that was hard enough to bear so can't imagine how it must feel to deal with rampaging arthur at such a young age . I hope you will find the advise and support on the forum as helpful as I do . Jilly