Symetricall Arthritis??

Options
kingarthur
kingarthur Member Posts: 55
edited 16. Dec 2010, 17:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
My Original Rheuamtoid Arthritis consultant said there was nothing wrong with me. He has left the practice and the new people have diagnosed me with osteo...

Ive now been diagnosed with Osteo in neck and possible Symetrical Arthritis (my blood does not show inflamatory factors)..
As both sides of my hands, feet, shoulder, hips tend to hurt.
The main problem is my ring and middle finger...I HAVE BUMPS GROWING ON TOP AND NOT OUT OF THE SIDES,...wHICH IS puzzling...

Ive has Steroids injections into the fingers and they really helped... And so many meds...

Im remain positive no matter what it is ive got...two years now
and my fingers are getting worse despite my physio and OT...

I dont know if anyone has any ideas about Symetrical Arthur and why i have what looks feels like swollen bone under the top of the joints....im confused by it all....but im doing everything i can to keep positive..

thanks in Advance

Love and light

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It is entirely possible to have two forms of arthritis, e.g. osteo and some form of inflammatory sero-negative arthritis - what meds are you on? Are the bumps on both sets of fingers or just the one side? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kingarthur
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It is entirely possible to have two forms of arthritis, e.g. osteo and some form of inflammatory sero-negative arthritis - what meds are you on? Are the bumps on both sets of fingers or just the one side? DD

On both hands, and on all fingers, but the middle ring finger and anulaur joints are the worse looking...

Gaberpentin
    Amatriptalyine.
    MST slow release morphine
    Diazepam
    Celebrex
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Apparently you could be looking for isotoner gloves - I thought isotope sounded odd but couldn't think of the right word! Thank you starburst for the extra info! I think you do need to see a rheumatologist about the lumps - I have seen people at my hospital, waiting for their methotrexate injection, and they have similar lumps and bumps. I wish you well. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Kingarthur

I reckon you is the same as me!

I got symmetry too and my bloods are neg, but my rehumy is lovely and treats me for RA and calls it that too.

Sounds a worry for you - can you not ask to be referred to another rheumatologist?

Love

toni xx
  • kingarthur
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Kingarthur

I reckon you is the same as me!

I got symmetry too and my bloods are neg, but my rehumy is lovely and treats me for RA and calls it that too.

Sounds a worry for you - can you not ask to be referred to another rheumatologist?

Love

toni xx

Wow, my First Consultant was strange, according to him i havnt had osteo in my neck for 24 years, and twisted fingers and painful hands were fine. He has since gone and now they are treating for osteo (and possible Symetric)..

My new consultant is using all his notes to look at my case, and dismissed me to my GP!. Yet i am having physio For my neck and OT for my hands at the same hospital.....?

Thank you for letting me know about the blood test thing, because they keep saying your blood has no inflamatory factors..YEt a show them my fingers and all the bumps are the same on each hand!! And as i used to used my hands i know that the damage would not be symetrical from playing the guitar..

They do give me cortizone injections...

Ill try and find another Rheumi, Thank you for the help,
  • kingarthur
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Apparently you could be looking for isotoner gloves - I thought isotope sounded odd but couldn't think of the right word! Thank you starburst for the extra info! I think you do need to see a rheumatologist about the lumps - I have seen people at my hospital, waiting for their methotrexate injection, and they have similar lumps and bumps. I wish you well. DD

Thank you ill have to see what my Gp says a he now deals with my case..

And a big thank you on the gloves :0)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Don't thank me, it was starburst who worked it out - bless her. I knew that isotopes were to do with radioactive things but couldn't figure out how gloves were involved. Brain melt. I get those often, now. DD