I hate this weather!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 17. Dec 2010, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
This weather is making me miserable. The cold affects my joints very badly. I have a dog who needs walking, it's just started snowing again and it's minus something. :(

Perhaps it's too cold for my little poodle to go walking anyway.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You poor girl, that must be miserable: I don't notice any difference joint-wise with the cold, but I love the bright blue sky and sunshine we have here today! I hope you feel better soon - let's hope it warms up soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi starburst

I also hate thecold weather only because it makes it difficult for me too.
    I do love to see others though well wrapped up and walking and kids playing i this dreadful snow. (brings back memories)
    Sorry you are so down and I hope you soon feel better.
    Good job we have friends on here to talk to, breaks my day up lovely.
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Starburst.
    i dislike this weather as well.
    our side road gets bad and we cannot take our dogs out
    we have mobility scoota's and the tyre's will not grip the ice.
    i will be glad when its warmer.
    we have longhaired mini dachshunds.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    I love the snow, reminds me of many a Christmas spent in Canada with my family ............ BUT I am hating the cold. My hip is hurting soooooooooooo much and I just can't get comfortable.

Beckie XX
  • kingarthur
    kingarthur Member Posts: 55
    Options
    starburst wrote:
    This weather is making me miserable. The cold affects my joints very badly. I have a dog who needs walking, it's just started snowing again and it's minus something. :(

Perhaps it's too cold for my little poodle to go walking anyway.

Im with you on the cold and joints...with me its only my fingers ...they get so slow and stiff with the cold...i spend my days in thinsulate gloves.....

I hope you find some warmth..
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Starburst, I hate this cold weather too. My joints ache more and I tense my muscles up when cold - which doesn't help. I'm also no good on slippery surfaces ... I'd love to hibernate during the worst of the Winter.

Do you have lots of cold busting equipment - thermals, heat pads etc?

I'm sure your poodle won't mind a brief walk or dash round the garden during this very cold spell. My cat only pops out briefly and when she returns her coat feels SO cold.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Starburst
    I hate it as well......it plays havoc with my joints but apart from that I hate the dark nights {so early}...I dont have SAD but it is very depressing. I'm in a cul de sac which gets really snowed in or iced up.....I was stuck in for a couple of weeks recently and I am scared to go out when its so icey here.
    Love
    Hileena