Been away for a long time ,am back before i go mad,:)

Options
pottypam
pottypam Member Posts: 27
edited 20. Dec 2010, 07:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I used to be here a lot then well things just been rubbish for a long time and not all my arthritis, but other things made it worse .In fact do not think you believe it, lol. But as a hint ,2 hip dislocations on same hip ,inflamation of jaw face and neck choking and unable to eat for few days, and hospital for over a week . And knee pain and swelling but can not operate .
Hope all are coping as best you can and trying to sometime smile and laugh. I start another new treatment next year and wondering if it will work as others not . And not looking forward to it being done, as need canulas, mmmm we do not get on, .
But hey , it may work, and it just may be my year .
and maybe yours too :)) .

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI pottypam

good to see you back, though sorry you need us again :roll: because Arthur just doesn't like us to get rid of him does he? :roll:

Gosh you do seem to have had a rough time lately, and I really hope that your new treatment helps you.

I am being nosey here, but wondered what your treatment will be ..... seeing as I started a new treatment for me this week (which is an infusion of Infliximab) and I have to say that the cannula was not as bad as I worried it might be (they only had to try 3 times which I hope will be less next time!)

good luck and I hope that it does the trick for you this time .... it's horrid having to try things and wait to see if they work isn't it?

hugs
    WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pam,

Nice to see you back and so hope things get easier for you soon. Cris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Pam,

does sound like life has been really tough for you. I hope the new treatment really helps and makes the need for cannulas worth it.

Is your dislocating hip a natural hip or a replacement?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • pottypam
    Options
    Hi,
    The hip that dislocates is my right hip that was replaced in 2008 ,and has slipped a bit on and off since done, my other hip was done in 2009 and has been fine up to now though does ache still not helped by a fall.

Right found the leaflet about this new med its called TOCILIZUMIB evidently only recently available.
    Have had Infliximib and did not work for me and then had Humira for 6/9 months and did not work either , so consultant putting lot of hope in new drug. but will have to have every two weeks at hos by canula ,thing is take warfrin and my veins do not like things going in let alone coming out lol and bruise easily .
    But will see in Jan as long as treatment not cut !!!

Its nice to be back, do not really have anyone to chat to about these things now, all bored of it , mmm bit like me ,lol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi pam

good to see you again.

I am sorry to see you have been so very busy and not at all GOOD busy x:(

Sounds as though a lot of scary stuff with the hips too :shock: I hope that is sorted?

As you say this next year might just be your year - whether it is or not it will be better if you join us lot i think x:wink:

Take care

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Pam
    Welcome back, you poor thing, you have been going through it, at least you know we are all here for you.
    I do hope the infusion goes well for you, I know there are quite a few people on here having them.
    So hopefully they will come along and tell you all about it.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Pam

Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time.. I have heard good things about that drug, Toczilumab, so do let us know if it works for you.

I have inflammation in my jaws and neck sometimes too - it's soooy painful when you try to open your mouth.. even drinking through a straw hurts when it's like that!!

Hope your hip has settle down again now.. (I had a hip replacement last May and was very scared of it disocating for months and months afterwards).

Marion
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Pam

Don't think we have "spoken" before so nice to meet you.

So sorry you have had such a tough time of it but I really do hope the new drug helps you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • pottypam
    Options
    Thank you for the messages.
    Yes has been a rough year but with a few high lights,but would you believe that both hip dislocations happened while on holidays.One just getting up from a chair for dinner , in France , the other slipped on steps getting int o a pool in Crete ,my shin hit edge of step as leg buckled under me ,and thought i was ok till tried to put weight on my leg and clink out it went , luckily not as bad as first one ,but no chance of them replacing it unless emergency due other health probs . But now my shin still not right as it got infected, so all good fun, but on the good side i became a grandmother again this year .
    I am really hoping the new meds work as dare i say ,I need a holiday . lol
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi pottypam
    We haven't met before so a big hello from me.
    Sorry you have had a rough time this year and I hope next year you have better luck.
    Juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    g025.gif Hi Pam,

Welcome back and hope you feel better soon.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'