Good, busy week

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 20. Dec 2010, 03:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been a good week all appointmens went well! x:D I had to see the bloods nurse, as the receptionist said they hadn't done the CA125, but it turns out that she did do it and the result is back. Its in the middle of normal range, which is good, but its not the most reliable test and gives a lot of false negatives, so will be glad to talk to the gyne on the 12 Jan. I do have a cyst in my pelvic region and may need to have it removed even if its not the big C as they can cause problems but sometimes just disappear. Thats what I want the disappering cyst!!! x:lol: Physio was OK, nothing dramatic just another exercise. Hospital, nerve tests to check my ulner nerve, may need surgery or something, but hope not. Hairdresser, I like it, slightly shorter this time!
I think thats my report for the week, but as you can guess quietly pleased about the bloods, but not getting too exited yet as I'm too well awhere that its not a proper opinion, and I don't want to be disappointed, well even more disappointed and slightly superstious! :oops: :oops: Hope to go to Oxford on Sunday, but weather may stop that! Love Sue

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Glad you got through that week flower and so hope you do get the disappearing cyst. Hang i there and try to not let the 12th over shadow Christmas if you can.

Wow your hair looks good :wink:

Go careful if you do go to Oxford and can I borrow you truck for a few hours please :lol::lol:

You have a decent day and I have got my fingers crossed for you. Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Sue glad things are looking good at least put things to the back of your mind and enjoy your christmas , and enjoy your trip to oxford if you get there x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, that's all very satisfactory and yes, the hair suits you! I have just checked the weather for the Oxford area (my mum lives not far from there, Mr DD is supposed to be getting her on Monday) and I think you stand a fighting chance of getting there. Have a good time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Sue, sounds like a productive week. Take the bloods result at face value, hope your cyst decides to be the disappearing kind. Rest up today and fingers crossed for the roads tomorrow.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you to everyone. You were their when I needed you and thats so comforting, especially when family are far away. My husband is wonderful, but he is stressed by this too and I want to be gentle with him, as he has his own health issues with diabetes. They are being sorted but I know the strain is hard for him and having to worry about me and listen to the fears and worries I have is something that I do sometimes but I can't over do it and having this site has allowed me the space to do that. I am not 'Out of the Woods' yet, but I am much more positive and can see that I may well be clear. That alone makes me happy and able to cope. So a very big THANK YOU ALL, I that seems such a small word to use, but its from my heart. I'll keep you posted!!! x:roll: love Sue (((())))xxx x:D
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    Well as you say you will feel a bit easier after you have seen the Gyne on the 12th. Fingers crossed that the cyst has shown signs of disappearing by then.
    Will you have to wait long for a verdict on the ulna nerve? Or is it a case of wait and see?

I had my hair done last night too so we will both look the part on the Christmas week. :)) I just managed to get home before the big snow came down. Phew! Fingers crossed that you can make your journey without too much hassle. Have a wonderful time with the family.
    Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Sue

sounds like a good week for you then? glad to hear it x:D Let us hope all IS well.

I am certain all will be well for you.

I suspect hubby gets support form you too - so don't worry about a littel moan every now and then and good to know this site still support each other like this :grin:

Bet you ddin get to Oxford Sue - with the snow..SUE? SUE?? is that you? nice hair! and you too Ironic x:wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the nice remarks about my hair, what it will look like when I wash it remains to be seen!!! :o x:lol:

I've just spoken to my sister, who is joining us from the south coast and we've called it off for tomorrow, as the weather forecast is not good and their is going to be ice and snow. We hope to aim for Wednesday, as my husband is off work now and they've retired. I can't say I'm too sorry as its not been above freezing here all day and the snow is about an inch or so, although the roads are fairly clear. Better safe than sorry!
    Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I know that must be disappointing, woodbon, but I think it's a wise move. It is bad in the Oxford area, the roads are very tricky - if not impassable in places, so why court danger? I know what you mean about the hair wash after the cut: my last cut looked great in the shop, two days later I looked like Suzi Quatro (bad mullet). Still do. Never mind, eh? It will grow out, it always does. It's really snowing here now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Woodbon

Glad it was a "good busy week" for you!

Think you were wise to cancel your trip to Oxford today. Weather is BAD around Oxfordshire. I went to the hairdresser yesterday morning and we wouldn't have set out if we had known how the weather was going to deteriorate. We got there ok but coming back the road was blocked because cars couldn't get up the hill so we had to try to find an alternative route (narrow/single track roads) which I found quite scary. Hope you do manage it on Weds instead.

Love Tilly xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Sue x:D

Glad to see you felt it was a good if very busy week and have coped with it all so well. Well done you. x:D We do hope it is a disappearing cyst love, and the hair does look great. Take care of yourself and keep warm.
    Chris
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi sue
    Just popped in to see how hings are.
    Glad your busy week went well, must be time to rest now eh?
    Hope the weather is ok for you on wednesday so you can see your sister. Blooming weather is spoiling a lot of peoples plans.
    Take care
    Juliepf x