Increased sensitivity...

Options
widget
widget Member Posts: 22
edited 19. Dec 2010, 13:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone else with RA found that the slightest knock on the body hurts more than when they didnt have RA. I have knocked myself quite a few times recently and where I wouldnt have noticed I had in the past I am really noticing now with the soreness that comes with it.

Widget

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi widget

I remember one flare when I was sorting washing with my pickup stick and I dropped a pair of knickers on my shin and it was like I had been kicked realll hard :shock:

So yes I do get it :( I think some meds can make you more prone to bruising too...cant remember which.

Hope you are ok otherwise?

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Widget,
    Yes I think you do feel the knocks more. It can take your breath away cant it? I think our pain levels can improve over time but I do feel that things take a little longer for us than most to ease off. If you know what I mean.

I’m sure that there was a thread somewhere about this but I cannot find it for you.
    Lv, Ix

Hi Toni,
    Yes I think that was the thread I was thinking of. something about how easy it is to get bruising.
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Widget

Yes, I agree with you.. I always seem to be catching myself on things and it's painful - the good one is when I bend down to stroke one of my dogs and, at the same time, they jump up and my hand clashes with their head ... ouch ..

Marion
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Most definitely - I'm sure folk think I'm a drama-queen over simple knocks, but I'm not!

Lois x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Interesting that you say this Widget. I just thought I was clumsy because I seem always to be yelping from knocking against things but now you come to mention it I think you are right - could be because things are more sensitive. And it's not just the obviously "sore" bits that hurt when you knock them is it? Glad to know it's not just me being clumsy :)) !

Love Tilly xxx