how does the apple store work?

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 19. Dec 2010, 05:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Can some of you guys who have an ipod explain to me how things work.
If someone else in a household has one does each person register and set up their own itune account or go on the same one - if they have separate ones does it mean that someones music or games cant be used by the other person on their own machines? or is it best to register all machines in the household as though own by same person so you can all have the same music or game?
no idea how it works but if say husband has ipod and son has one doesnt seem right they would both have to pay for the same song?
Can someone explain how it works wheres theres more than one ipod in same household?.....probably going to be simple when someone tells me!
hope evryone ok with this snow lark again x:x

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Pass sorry i am still trying to decide if i turn the handle clock wise or antclock wise on the gramaphone :))
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    We have three iopd in this house and they are all registered so we can share each others music :))

Go on give it a try Oneday

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    No ipods, no idea. Sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    Options
    thanks for your replies peeps.

Toni - how does it work exactly as i dont understand what my hubbie has told me!!! He has one and its registered. If i got one should it be registered under his? or do i set up a separate one for me? i just cant get my head around setting up one myself as how could hubbies games and music he bought be put on mine...otherwise wouldnt everyones mates be all asking each other to put stuff on each others etc, there again if we both like same stuff why should i have to pay if hubbie already paid for a song etc!....can you explain in very simplistic terms!
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 18. Dec 2010, 18:30
    Options
    Tracks purchased via the iTunes or Amazon stores are DRM free, so that you can copy them onto multiple iPods for personal use only.

Amazon's terms of use are more easily understood. Note the use of the word 'copy'.

2.1 Rights Granted. Upon your payment of our fees for Digital Content, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Digital Content for your personal, non-commercial, entertainment use, subject to and in accordance with the Terms of Use. You may copy, store, transfer and burn the Digital Content only for your personal, non-commercial, entertainment use, subject to and in accordance with the Terms of Use. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200285010

How you copy??? Don't know personally, but you can legally!!!

If you are using Win XP there is a guide at http://forums.ilounge.com/itunes-mac-pc/179068-sharing-itunes-library-between-user-accounts-windows-xp.html

If a Mac then there is a video at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/How-To-Share-An-iTunes-Library-Among-Several-Users-Video

Joseph x8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Don't know if the ipads have bluetooth on them, if so that is a free way to share files, as long as you're within 30 metres (I think) of each other.. Otherwise it may be a matter of connecting the original ipod to the pc, copying the file from it to the pc then connecting second one and copy it to that..
    All guesswork though as I don't have one :? :lol:

Hope you find the solution

Tony :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • oneday
    Options
    thanks again for your replies - i guess its one of those things where once you have done it - its easy.