Where is everyone????Christmas shopping??

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 19. Dec 2010, 08:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Gosh it is quiet today...i have been busy cleaning and tidying away stuff. (well putting it up the attic...to be sorted later!!!!!)
Is everyone out Christmas shopping then??? I am still not ready but have decided Monday is dee day and fingers crossed everything should be done by then!!!!!!

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    its been really quiet the past week, everyone must be in the shops, or wrapping presents, going to see family, sorting this and that and the other. Cafe is open, but the cakes are piling up, we need some customers to eat them all. :grin:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    I have had a manic week myself - poorly kids drs aoppts and dental appts then more poorly kids - pharmacy visits and more poorly kids and packing for kids to vistit Dad...then ....ah!

TODAY 5 minutes to say hello - no shopping though... :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Picked up 'The Underkeeper'........

Did a bit of shopping...

Fed pheasants and partridges.....In a blizzard......

No matter the weather.......they got to be fed....or they'll begger off somewhere else...

Dinner is now 'work in progress'.......

ROb x

c055.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Mine will be too soon Rob....blizzards or not!

got to hunt an gather in the direction of the freezer....(in the garage!)

Enjoy yours

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Enjoy the quiet Toni although I know you will miss them.All 3 of mine are home and wanting this and wanting that so that is why I am not online too much.Just found a quiet patch to sneak on here.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I had one of those days yesterday when everything went wrong. I spent 5 hours in A&E with my elderly neighbour who had a bad fall. Luckily, there were no broken bones but she is very badly bruised and has two black eyes.

Then I went shopping later, and when I came out, the carpark was totally gridlocked and it took me about an hour to get out. Then later my computer decided to do all sorts of peculiar things and I couldn't log on. It has sorted itself out now, thank goodness. Oh, and my glasses broke as well, so I think there was a jinx about yesterday.

One day I want to forget x:!: :shock: :shock:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    For once we're pretty organised, got all the presents bought and wrapped, cards written and posted off/delivered (well, almost all of them) turkey in the freezer, will get a gammon joint maybe monday, also get the veg possibly tuesday if fresh enough to last...
    Not like us to be organised, honestly, it's really not! Lol

I've been around but mainly night times when OH goes to the land of nod, the place that you need to know the password to get in, obviously I'm one of the many who isn't in 'the know'... Hence the manic postings, :oops: :roll: :lol:

Tony :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I don't know that password either Tony :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I reckon all our OH's know it, I've tried to hack it but not a chance :grin:
    Besides, gives me a chance to be on here doing my nightly DJ'ing. Being funky again tonight... :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    it has been quiet hasn't it?

but then it is so cold that I think we're all trying to keep warm (well we are ..... trying to that is :wink: ) and everything takes twice as long to do because of the ice and snow :roll: :roll:

Ready for Christmas? ha! not likely ....... not a card written ..... let alone posted, but the food is mostly bought or ordered (we have prioritis in this house :oops: :wink: ) and the presents are mostly wrapped.

All I want for CHristmas is hot water and heating :wink:

Wonky
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Didnt go out yesterday because of the snow. I have bought some things online, one from shopping channel and another one i have used before...theyre the only on line companies i feel comfortable with.
    I have been buying Christmas presents for a few weeks now, each time i have come across something i like and think someone else will like i have bought them. I sent cards the other week and wrapped presents last week when kids at school, so all sorted - glad i didnt leave to last minute as this weather has kept me in - although i am going to have to go out to take kids to school and got a wrong prescription re-done...its the second time that my clearly handwritten note for items has not been read and i have been given the wrong things,grrrr................
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Must admit been out today and Tescos was dead at 11am..(needed Yorkshire pudding and couldn't be bother to make them..)
    I not sure were everyone is...the weather has certainly kept people at home and indoors.