Tissue Salts for small joint arthritis?

Options
judecress6010
judecress6010 Member Posts: 2
edited 20. Dec 2010, 17:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I'm new here. I have arthritis just starting in my small joints and started taking a Scheussler Tissue Salt called Nat Phos. Has anyone else been taking this?

Thanks

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My mum swears by tissue salts, and in the past (years ago) I found them of benefit for colds and toothache, ie minor things that go away/get better. But for arthritis? It doesn't go away and it very rarely gets better. I don't think it would depend upon what sort of arthritis you have: if it's OA then your bones are affected by wear and tear - how would biochemic salts replace them? Bones are supposed to be involved in a constant renewing process (I think) but somehow even that never helps OA. If you have an immune-system based arthritis then I think that is the one thing about you that they are not going to affect. This is only my opinion - I have tried all sorts of things for my PA and nothing has made any long-lasting, noticeable difference (including the medicos stuff) but then we are all different in how we react to things. Dissolve them under your tongue and see, at least they won't do you any harm. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi I hope this works for you....why not give it a try.
    I have never tried it for arthritis but when the kids were little used to use these homeopathic remedies for acute illness/......fever etc {instead of calpol} loads of different ones......If it is just a placebo ....so what.......if it helps thats all that matters....{I cant remember all the ones I used...nat mur, nat phos....need to get my homeopathic books out again LOL}

Love
    Hileena