Update on Colin1 why i've been away

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 22. Dec 2010, 07:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
I thought I might let you know where I’m up to and why I haven’t been on the site as much as I used to. As you know I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis 6 years ago and they where quite aggressive spreading to my muscles, throat, head, ribs, and collar bones. I already had it in my feet, ankles, knees, hands, wrist, elbows, and shoulders. I was then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at this time I was spending more time in hospital than at home, I had by now gone through all the anti TNFs and they did not work. I got pneumonia and shortly after that I had a heart attack (Ischaemic heart Disease). It took me quite some time to get over the pneumonia and heart attack as I had virtually no immune system. On recovering I was then diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease. I was having a real bad time and quite depressed more than I had realised” well that’s men isn’t it”. I was giving everyone a bad time including my Rheumy, I don’t know how she stuck with me. Anyway early this year my Rheumy started me on Rituximab along with citilopram. I am now feeling much better and more like my old self. It’s a bit like a miracle
I feel; so good I have started going out again and I’m now doing some exercise I’m also glad to be reporting back to you guys, all I can say is don’t give up and keep fighting.
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Should be a bulldog as your avatar mate, with that fighting spirit, nice one.....
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh boy, that's a mill and a half you've been thro. It's good to hear that you are out the other side tho, colin1, I sincerely hope you have a good Christmas and that 2011 proves to be a much better year for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Colin

I am so very sorry you have had such a dreadful time of it but I am thrilled to hear that Rituximab seems to be helping you and that things are beginning to improve.
    Love Tilly xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hello colin

Oh my, What a time you have had this past year.
    No wonder you didn't want to post on here.
    I am so glad that you are , as you say, back to your normal self and that things are looking up.
    I wish you a merry christmas and hope that next year brings you better health.
    Juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    c0122.gif Hi Colin,

Lovely to see you around once again.

What a time you've had you poor thing but I'm so glad you're much better now.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hey guys your just all to nice thank you so much for your best wishes ill not wish you merry christmas ill waite untill nearer the day
    Thanks
    Colin
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Miracles happen Colin. I am so pleased to read that you are feeling much better as you deserve it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Colin, Thats the best news I've heard for a long time! I great Christmas present!!! x:D Take care, love Sue xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi there, Colin! Glad to see you posting again and very glad you are feeling so much better!

Annie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Colin,

It is nice to see you back. Wow you have been through a lot. I think that you are an inspiration to us all.

I hope 2011 will get better and better for you.

Lv, Ix
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi Colin,

We are sorry that you have been having such a bad time, but glad that you now feel fit enough to post again. Take great care of yourself, and I hope that you have a great Christmas,

Jean123
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Colin

I'm so sorry that you have had such a rough time over the past year, and I'm very pleased that you are feeling so much better now. In fact, it's made my Christmas to see you back posting on the site. You have shown great determination and a fighting spirit, so well done x:!: Can we look forward to some of your amusing posts now x:?: I hope so because I've missed them.

Wishing you a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Joan :))
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hi Joan Ill do my best to amuse you all, I still get a little tired so i may be a bit hit and miss for a while untill i get use to things. Thanks so much for the warm welcome and thank you guys for your support and best wishes.
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Colin

So nice to hear from you!

sorry I didnt reply sooner but I have been a bit manic here with one thing and another.

I thought it was amazing that Tony (who you dont know) put 'your' dancing man on his reply! What a coincidence.

Glad to hear you are more like your usual self - as you know everyone is welcome on here.

Look forward to seeing you around

Toni xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    God you have been through the mill but glad to hear that you are back and raring to go. am fairly new to the site so a BIG HELLO FROM ME... :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Colin
    Good to see you back. I am really sorry to hear of all you have been through, but really pleased to see you are coming out the other end. What a positive story. Long may it continue!! :))
    NB
  • Colin1
    Options
    Once again thank you all for your good wishes
    Colin
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    My dear Colin, I appear to have stolen your dancing man!!!? Lol
    Well I'm afraid I've grown attached to him now.. :))
    Mainly cos I've been doing a spot of DJ'ing on the thread, what have you been listening to, haha...
    Besides, I heard you're a scouser so you'll probably nick him back :shock: :o :shock: :o
    I also heard that you had a good sense of humour, hope that's true after that comment, lol...

Hope you're well rkid..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    welcome back again colin sorry u had a rotten time.Its good to here you are on the way back again good to see you on site from joanne p
    Joanne
  • joann1
    joann1 Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Hi Colin

Dont ever give up, its great to no you have seen the light at the end of the tunnel its hard when you have depression especially when you dont realise quite how much of a grip it has on you, after everything you have been through you are a true inspiration to everyone
    hope you have a fantastic xmas

Jo-Ann
    x x
    Jo-Ann
  • Colin1
    Options
    Thanks Jo

Hey Tony Your theft has already been reported to me and i have already told the smily police, Problem is they have no snow plough so they will come for you after christmas.

Its been that long since i have posted on the site i forgot how i got the dancing man, Perhaps we could share him you have him mornings 6am to 7am i have him the rest of the time. Takes me all my time to walk never mind dance but he is quite a cool dude and that puts me in mind of me.
    Tony remind me how to find him please LOL i remember i downloaded something but my mind is a blanc.
    Take care and dont be thieving any of my quotes

If you can hold onto the floor your not really drunk
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Colin

you download Cosgan de aniemerte smilies....remember?

Toni xx
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hi Tony It all sound double dutch to me i cant remrmber can you tell me how and where please. I think i have been off the computer for so long i seem to have lost some of my confidence i seem to remember telling other people how to do it but my minds a blank ( still ) LOL
    Colin
  • Colin1
    Options
    Thanks for that DELBOY a great help and thanks for your kind remark. I only want this so i can have a laugh with TONY for stealing my dancing Man
    Colin

c025.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    :))

r010.gif

there you go Colin

Tony will have a laugh with you for sure :))