Physio

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 20. Dec 2010, 17:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Right folks, off for my physio soon, for my hands and wrists, so who's going in the pockets?
I am going on the bus so it will be cold, so anyone coming get wrapped up well... A flask of tetley tea would be nice.. :grin:
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• tjt6768
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cheers Del, erm, I'd better bring some mints too for the erm, garlic breath, haha... :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck tjt - I hope it all goes well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hope all goes well ,tjti am in your pocket with a mound of homemade rum truffles xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I am in your pocket tjt
    That soup and truffles sound good
    I have the tea, Tetley eh? ok
    Good luck
    Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks for being with me this morning. Went ok, got singer putty stuff to use and have to use my splints more apparently, thought I was wearing them enough, but she said I have to wear them doing pretty much everything apart from exercises..
    So it's back in five weeks.. She wouldn't listen at first though, I was trying to tell her that the exercises were helping me get some strength back but the pain was getting worse and the hands hurt even when doing nothing... When she did listen she said to tell the rheumatology folks next month.

Thanks again, blooming wrists are hurting now, lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh, a bit of a mixed bag then. They give you putty to strengthen tho it causes pain, prod you about a bit to cause more pain, then cheerfully tell you to tell the rheumatologist. Is that about the gist of it? Poor boy, I hope it all feels easier soon. DD
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I was told a few weeks ago that I'd got to wear my splints more, especially when I'm using my hands. They make me feel so constrained and still a bit sore. So she changed the type I have to some that support the thumb and I have to wear them when working and the bigger wrist splints when I'm doing less physical things!
    I hope that you will find that they help you. Love sue x:)
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Woodbon, will ask the OT about them, tried ringing today as the ones I have are splitting and the metal bar thing keeps poking out.. No blooming answer, I rang about 13 times... :x

DD, thanks hun, and what's this boy business, haha.... I certainly don't feel young now, since getting home I have done another lot of washing and sorted the spare room out for when my folks come in next two days, that meant moving furniture, I know, don't tell me off, shouldn't do it, but OH wanted to do it tonight when she got home from work and she's not well and is exhausted on a night..
    So now, my wrists and hands are killing me, plus they get bloody smelly from the splints even though I keep putting talc in them, not sure what else to do, it's not like I can even keep washing hands as I have to have the chilli cream on four times a day and I would be washing that off.. :(
    My back hurts like a bugger now and my knees that have been quite good lately are really getting their revenge...

Oh well....
    Be allwhite in the wash.. lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Well I’m not sure whether that was a good or bad appointment. It might be best to follow her instruction and wait to get some proper answers when you go to see your Rheumy.

Sorry that your hands and wrists are still giving you so much pain. Not the best time of year to be struggling. Could you ring your rheumy nurse and ask for some advice?

Furniture moving! x:roll:
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Bl**dy rellies, who needs 'em? Upheaval here too, I have been up and down all three flights of stairs like a demented woman, carrying all sortsa stuff! Sorted out three beds (well, two, I'll make mine tonight), moved some furniture and also done four loads of washing. Tomorrow I have to tackle my office as my MIL will be staying in it over Christmas. I swore last year I wouldn't do another Christmas - this year I'm telling them. I cannot do this again. I just can't.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks ironic.. I go next month to the rheumatology so I'll wait I think. Don't even know if I have a rheumy nurse to be honest, ra is still fairly new to me, only ever seen the consultant..

DD, you have to tell them hun.. We only needed the room sorting this once as it had all tonis stuff in it that we had to take to wales, so the stuff that stayed was all over the place, plus it's full of christmas stuff that can now go in the front room..
    OH wants it as a dining room with the sofa bed in... More decorating that I can no longer manager to do... Not like when I was a boy, lol..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Tony
    I was in your pocket (honest) :? I ran all the way to your house just made it has you got in the car x:oops: phew...nearly got left behind.....
    What a mixed appointment that was...hopefully the rheumy can offer you more help.Hope the pains eases for you.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh Tony
    I was in your pocket (honest) :? I ran all the way to your house just made it has you got in the car x:oops: phew...nearly got left behind.....
    What a mixed appointment that was...hopefully the rheumy can offer you more help.Hope the pains eases for you.
    Barbara x
    It's ok Barbara, I knew you were there all along love.. Psssssst, I went on the bus, lol.. :))

Thanks hun, not so bad now...

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP