Am I sad

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 7. Jan 2011, 06:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
All I do is get up late in time to watch TV from Countdown time to Eggheads weakest link pointless deal or no deal football on i player then get bored go to bed early so cold and snow still thats no excuse did not do a lot b4 this bad weather arrived I fear Im slipping back into black ways

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I think winter has a lot to blame for this, we can be very limited in what we can do when the weather is so bad.
    Try your best to change your routine if only a little, switch the tv off and listen to the radio, It does make a difference .
    Some people on here are on ADs, they dont need to be long term just to get you over a bad patch.
    And dont forget you have us lot to talk to, again this can make a difference.
    Think most of us are staying in and trying to keep warm
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    To cheer yaself up tune into the Jeremy Kyle show/fight, you'll feel better in no time at all!. :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Christov,

I am sorry life is so difficult at the moment. What about your family, your Grandson. Do you get to see him often? Can you get out for a little walk and look at the beauty in nature? I do know walking out and about isn't easy for us and we can feel very vulnerable but maybe a very local trip out would do you good? I don't want to sound flippant because I know depression can catch hold of you and it is not your fault.
    The weather doesn't help and Christmas can be stressful and expectations high. Lack of sunlight can lead to feeling sad and sluggish. And of course arthritis limits our abilities somewhat.
    You are an intelligent chap compose us some Christmas quizzes! I enjoy those. I just don't get time to do them......
    Well I hope you feel a bit better after my drivvle!!!!!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is a ghastly time of year, noeltone, no doubt about that. The world turns round tho, after tomorrow - the days will start to grow longer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

It is truly vile out there and cold. At least you are getting up and using your braincells too. It is so cold and dark.

I hope things will pick up for you very soon. the shortest day is today(?) so it's all down hill form here? Maybe?

I hope you can distract yourself by seeing charlie's joy at the wonder of Christmas - he will LOVE it this year.

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are feeling sad, Chrisov. I don't think this time of the year helps, with the dark nights and bad weather. But I do hope that you will enjoy Christmas with little Charlie. ( he won't be quite so little these days! )

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all thanks for replies I am now better mood btw have another grandson now HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL x:) x:) x:) x:) x:!: x:?: x:?: x:?: x:mrgreen: x:mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling brighter now. How lovely that you now have another grandson to keep you busy. x:) A brother for Charlie x:?:

Have a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and best wishes for the New Year.

Joan x:) e014.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    wow! two grandsons ..... definitely something to :)) about

I think this weather has beaten us all down at some point, and it isn't easy in the middle of it to see a way out.
    Glad that you've found your way out, and I wish you a very happy Christmas.

hugs
    Wonky
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I hate winter always have.
    Spring is on its way round that corner. Look ahead
    You could plan your holiday it always brightens me up.
    Look forward not back as you will fall over.
    Nice to see you posting again Christmas new year greetings and wishing you happy tidings.Joanne
    Joanne
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    What lovely news...when was he born..and what have they called him.
    I am so glad you feel better in your self, I think most of us go through these bad patches.
    Wishing you all a very Happy and healthy New Year.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I didnt see that you had another Grandson x:D How wonderful x:D

I do hope he is doing well too.

Have a wonderful New Year and I hope and am sure now you had a wonderful Christmas too x:D

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations Chrisov.2 little ones to cherish now.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    hi Chrisov
    this time of year, cold, gloomy skies doesnt help and gets one on a downer plus being in pain its hard to get any energy to go out and do something different for a change of scenery.
    So nice to hear of your new grandson, was everything ok as there were problems with Charlie when he was born. What does Charlie make of his new sibling?
    Have you done anymore on the job front?
    i hope 2011 is a good year for you...and can we have a quiz?..not too hard though!
    take care Oneday
    p.s hows the camel doing? i still havent heard from Petunia!