ESA Result

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 23. Dec 2010, 17:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I can't believe what has just happened and the expression 'knock me down with a feather' certainly applies.

As most of you know I was refused eSA by the ATOS doctor and appealed the tribunal was last week. As the day drew near, I found that I felt increasingly nervous and I also had to face an additional medical problem that the MRI scan for my SIJonints showed up and have to see a gyne consultant early in Jan.

I felt that I just couldn't face the tribunal as well as additional hospital appointments, tests etc. So I wrote a letter saying I couldn't attend and would withdraw and re-apply. I was polite, truthful and appologised for wasting their time.
They heard the appeal in my absence and have granted me a further 12 points taking the score to 18 and I have been awarded esa with the work related activity componant. I just can't believe it. :shock: I didn't go I just wrote and told them why I couldn't. They have taken the standing and walking and the bending and kneeling, both of which I can't do and didn't do at the medical. I was asked to bend to the floor, but half way down my back stuck and I tried to get down further, but she stopped me. I'm rambleing. Sorry. I am so grateful for the support people on here have given me and the tips too, of course. I keep thinking they must have got it wrong!!! x:mrgreen: I felt sick with shock when I read the letter. I am so grateful and so sorry for the many people that are going through this awful business with all the worry and pain as well. It is a personal vindication but what about the people who don't get anything but, still suffer.
Anyway I just had to share this with you all. Love from a very shocked Sue xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's good to hear some pleasing news for a change. Well done, it's only fair and proper. Enjoy the vindication! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you. I fee so lucky, I never believed this result would or could happen.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    congratulations Sue glad your fight is over and you can concentrate on your health x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    A really good Christmas prezzie all round - so good to hear some postive news, Sue! Congratulations.

Annie
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Sue, that is wonderful news and I'm very pleased for you after your long ordeal!
    Sal xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Congratulations. Well done for writing the letter, sometimes just sometimes there is fairness in the system.

I am so pleased for you.
    Lv, I
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, It was cowardice that made me write rather than go. That would have been brave, but I just couldn't face it. I'd never ever, advice anyone else to do that, I'd say go but, if you can't face it, a letter of explination, with the facts, written with respect for the panel, after all, they are different people to the ATOS staff, at least allows the panel to see your reasons and know that its not that you just could'nt be botherd. Love Sue xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Sorry I have only just seen your post, I am so very pleased for you, what a difference this will make, you can stop worrying now.
    How lovely that you have got it for Christmas, you enjoy it my love... it is well deserved.
    Sorry enjoy may be the wrong word but you know what I mean x:? x:)
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi sue
    Thats lovely news, I am so pleased for you x:)
    Well done. x:)
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Sue

I am really very very pleased for you.

This is the best news you could have had they did the right thing.

Bless you and I hope this means you will feel better than you were and have a good and Happy Christmas.

Love

toni xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Thank you all very much, it has been a struggle at times and I thought I'd given in. I just could'nt believe what I was reading, at first I couldn't make sense of it, I was so shocked, then I felt guilty that I'd got the award and so many others have not when they need it as much, if not more than me.

I still believe the system should change and the reports of doctors who are treating you should be the main thing that is needed. Also, if they are going to carry on using outside medics, they should be properly trained and quilified and the langage of the official papers should be gentle and consider the feeling of someone who is very ill, the way they ask about 'terminal illnesses' and whether you are expected to live for more than a certain time is cruel and shocking.
    Anyway thank you all again. Love Sue x:wink:
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased for you. What a brilliant xmas pressie. lol joanne :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    its good to read great news on here.. I had to appeal for mine a number of years ago, they basically called me and my GP liars!
    Went through tribunal system and was suddenly awarded it for life.. Not that it matters now, think we're all going to have to go through the horrible process again soon... I'm dreading it to new honest.
    Very happy for you though.. x:rudolf :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dean76
    dean76 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Congratulations! Good to see someone had common sense and could see your genuine honesty.

Very pleased for you.

Merry Christmas! from Christina x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    That is good news Sue. Don't question - just be glad they went ahead!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.