Don't panic!!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Dec 2010, 16:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
What is it with people, today a chap at work went to the local Tesco's and was amazed at people almost coming to blows over the bread!, he said it was total pandamonium and thought it could have come to blows and all for a poxy loaf of bread!, why do these idiots act like it's the bloody end of the world each time the weather get's a tad exiting?, the mad thing is Didcot has 3 flippin super markets so I guess the lunatics were out in force in them as well, my god what would happen if we really had long term problems the amount of un thinking violence driven grabbers we have living amongst us would be a bigger threat than any external one we might face, maybe it's the pay back for the Thatcher years?.

A lot of the blame has to go on the press they talk up a crissis and spread fear and doom over the slightest little problem, the worst is the BBC they are totally out of order instead of reporting the news they try to make it these days.

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I remember the bread strike of the 80s it was even hard to buy flower. It was simular here today and the bread never arrived at the shop untill 11am, if people just took what they needed there would be no problem.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Blimey must admit so far no bread shortage up here but we did have a flap with the first lot of snow. No doubt if we get more snow on Thursday you will not see a loaf of bread for dust....Stupid people if they just bought what they needed this would not happen. Funny but i can just :wink::wink::wink::wink: remember that bread and flour storage of the 80's. But my mum use to make all our bread then...it was the flour storage which hit us. They will all be out Xmas eve with big trooley loads of food and drink.....OH YES THE SHOPS ARE CLOSED FOR........ONE DAY.
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    i had an argument today with a woman who had a trolley full of bread,she had left none for anyone else,there was an elderly couple that didnt stand a chance when she snatched it all,i complained and she was asked to put some back,she was furious...i wished her a merry christmas :)) :))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    'All for one and that one is me' seems to be the rule of thumb nowadays. I will go to the local baker on Christmas Eve, as I do every year, plus the local butcher and greengrocer. **** the supermarkets. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben